“Warm and inviting”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Warm and inviting”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Another little find on our holiday this year, we loved this restaurant not only because they had the best value set menu but also for the lovely waitress/owner who served us. Their set menu for Euro 17included a choice of 2 starters, 2 mains and 2 desserts. I chose scallops for my starter which came presented in their shell with baby scallops in a creamy cheese sauce - delicious. My husband had melon with parma ham, everything fresh and juicy. My main was sea bass in a sauce with a vegetable fricasse of potato, courgette and spinach. My husband had the sirloin steak in a sauce with the best chips he's ever had apparently. For dessert, I had the carpacio of pineapple and he had a ricotta cheesecake, again both delicious. And for just Euro 17! How do they do it. I've never had a meal in England that has been as good as the meals I ate in Villefranche. Why can't we do it here? To top off a great visit, our waitress was one of the lovliest ladies we met in Villefranche. She made us feel like family and it was a great treat to come here. Merci beaucoup!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank flynn_joe

edinburgh
“A taste of Italy in Villefranche sur mer”
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate here 3 times and the food was excellent every time. Their pizza's are delicious and their linguine carbonara and bolognaise are the best we have had since being in Italy last year. One night I also had Raviolo con crema di trufie which was out if this world. Their Tiramisu is also the best I've had outside Italy.
The lady who runs the restaurant is lovely and made us feel very welcome. She always remembered us and seemed pleased to see us.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant above many of the others (and we tried a few)

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank honeymoonjune2009
Boulder, Colorado
“Little Gem”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We found La Tavola by chance and even though we were going to be the only customers in this tiny restaurant, the hostess Katy was so kind and welcoming, we decided to give it a chance.
We had a wonderful 23 euro menu with starters of hot scallops in a shell with a delicious creamy sauce and melon and jambon de bayonne (similar to proscuitto) Both were delicious and generous servings. My husband and I both got the steak with sauce forestiere which is a creamy mushroom sauce. We generally don't like creamy sauces on meat but this was delicous and the steaks prepared to our perferred levels. Desserts were apple tart and a lovely fresh pinneaple that had been very thinly slices and then carmelized the same way one would carmelize creme brulee. It was unique, light and tasty!
So the food was very good and equally important, the gracous welcome and attention paid to us was very special and grealy appreciated. We always seek out great food but without the personal touch and careful attention, something is lacking. We will definitely return to La Tavola!!

• Visited March 2013