“A must”

Paris, France
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A must”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I recently enjoyed a lovely meal at this restaurant located on a cute little street. I had a vegetarian risotto and my friend ordered fresh seafood. Not only was the food delicious but the service was irreprochable. The servers and the owner, Yves, did not speak any english but they were very polite and made sur we were having a lovely night.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank AilinSh

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Good food and service”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We have returned to Villefranche sur mer and visited this lovely restaurant in a charming square. We were undercover with it raining a little but out in the open terrace which made it very comfortable. John had the bone marrow to start, which the waitress told us was highly rated by local people, and I had a salad nicoise. John liked the bone marrow which came with the bone open and served with toast. The salad was huge so he shared it with me. We both had a pizza for main, although there is plenty of other choices, and the bases were lovely, thin and perfectly cooked. I prefer mozzarella but these have a cheddar type cheese topping, good though. Then we shared a creme brulé. A nice bottle of red, tap water and total cost 81.50 was good value. Service was good.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Skiers12
Nevis
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We had lunch here and will be back. Both the fish salad and my risotto were very good. The square in which the restaurant sits is surrounded by tall buildings so it gets mid day sun but no strong breezes. Perfect for a spring or early summer lunch.

• Visited May 2014
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Good food in a nice location”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We had a good meal here, Friday 9th May. We remembered the restaurant and its nice location in a square away from the busier parts, from our last visit 6 years ago.
The pizza was excellent and the spaghetti bolognese very good. The cafe gourmand had a good selection of small cakes, including a maron, all delicious. The service was very good. We liked the bulldog in residence.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank marmarhen
Leeds, United Kingdom
“I'll be back again next year”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I ate here last year on my trip to the South of France and loved it. I returned this year with family and was looking forward to a nice lunch here again...and I wasn't disappointed.
Everything we had was full of flavour and very fresh. The Pizza was excellent, as was the Salad Nicoise and the Tarte Tatin is still the very best in France. If you go, you really must have it...delicious.
The service is very good, without being amazing, but it is a very relaxed atmosphere and the owner takes time to come and have a chat with his patrons.
This is just an excellent little restaurant in the streets of Villefranche. It's not on the sea front but it worth making that little sacrifice for good food!

• Visited April 2014