“Best Durade in Town”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Best Durade in Town”
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

I go to Villlefranche every year and visit Carpaccio for my favourite dish - Durade Royal Grillee (sea bream) at least twice. The waiters there are fabulous, attentive without being on your case and so helpful and friendly. The Sea Bream there is definitely the best in the village - served with little delicious vegetable assortments and fab baked potato. Salads are great there too - especially the artichoke salad - and are a good size that you could share as a starter or have as a main to yourself (I was very confused at the post stating otherwise) Being by the beach and away from the hustle bustle of the other restaurants makes you feel so special and the view is beautiful.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank mazt36

Nice, France
“Its the view.”
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant with a view of Cap Ferrat across the Rade is the only restaurant in Villefranche that catches the post midday sun .It has a wide terrace where Lucian, Christian or the family proprietor Yves , present the client with the fresh catch of the day. Which is the house specialty.

• Visited June 2013
“Surprised”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I was surprised by the bad reviews that I read after we had been to Carpaccio for lunch yesterday. We were very content with our meal: a simple, tasty vegetable soup with pistou followed by grilled fresh sea bass with beurre blanc, baked potato and mixed vegetables. The coffee after lunch was the best I have tasted since leaving Italy....All in all very satisfying and we would definitely go back. The service was a little slow (it was Sunday and the restaurant was fairly crowded) but not unpleasant or rude.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Bryce
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Poor coffee, worse croissant”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We came to Villefranche visiting towns we'd visited in the past. We got off the train at coffee time and as this was the first cafe we passed, in we went. The coffee was brown, that is the best I can say for it. The croissants were obviously stale and, in an attempt to disguise this, they had been stuck in a grill. The Carpaccio wins our vote for the worst coffee break we have had in France in 40 years.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank CHRIS C
Blessington, Ireland
“Great Location with stunning views”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Was I fortunate on this occasion not to read the reviews beforehand as I do find them a good guide and would have avoided this place. However I only spotted Carpaccio in my guide book and found its location the day before we decided to eat there. I had super Mussels, my wife a well presented (huge) salad followed by excellently cooked Turbot, a treat. There were three helpful staff and the owner/manager also appeared. Were we lucky ? we shall see with the next reviews which I will look out for with interest. Bon apetite!

• Visited September 2012