“Surprised”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I was surprised by the bad reviews that I read after we had been to Carpaccio for lunch yesterday. We were very content with our meal: a simple, tasty vegetable soup with pistou followed by grilled fresh sea bass with beurre blanc, baked potato and mixed vegetables. The coffee after lunch was the best I have tasted since leaving Italy....All in all very satisfying and we would definitely go back. The service was a little slow (it was Sunday and the restaurant was fairly crowded) but not unpleasant or rude.

1  Thank Bryce

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We came to Villefranche visiting towns we'd visited in the past. We got off the train at coffee time and as this was the first cafe we passed, in we went. The coffee was brown, that is the best I can say for it. The croissants were obviously stale and, in an attempt to disguise this, they had been stuck in a grill. The Carpaccio wins our vote for the worst coffee break we have had in France in 40 years.

2  Thank CHRIS C
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Was I fortunate on this occasion not to read the reviews beforehand as I do find them a good guide and would have avoided this place. However I only spotted Carpaccio in my guide book and found its location the day before we decided to eat there. I had super Mussels, my wife a well presented (huge) salad followed by excellently cooked Turbot, a treat. There were three helpful staff and the owner/manager also appeared. Were we lucky ? we shall see with the next reviews which I will look out for with interest. Bon apetite!

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Avoid this place at all costs, complete rip off! Coke costs 6 euros in a very sub-par restaurant. Avoid at all costs!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Called in yesterday at about 4:00pm.
We wanted a salad Nicoise and some frites. After we were served our drinks we were told that only salad was available. Fair enough but why not tell us before we received our beers? (Rhetorical!). Then our salad arrived............probably the smallest salad...in. the. world. Well in this part of France any way.
Not good enough. It's not that we equate quantity with quality, but it was just a very small salad compared to the many other restaurants the we have used over the last ten years of being frequent visitors to the Cote D'Azur.