“Great location, great food”
Review of L'Oursin Bleu

L'Oursin Bleu
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
L'Oursin Bleu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Decided at last minute to visit Villefranche as the weather was so good. Glad we went to L'Oursin Blue (Blue Sea Urchin for those who want a translation). I ordered Saint Jacque en Croute (scallops with a pesto crust) which was one of the best meals I have had in France this year - perfectly cooked and excellent flavours throughout. my wife ordered The chicken salad with Italian vegetables which looked and tasted good - subtle turmeric flavouring to the chicken which was a little odd but it was enjoyed. A nice cold beer was just the thing to have whilst sitting on the harbour front with a spectacular view on a warm October lunchtime. Two coffees to finish were accompanied by some complementary petit fours (chocolate nut clusters plus pistachio and framboise macaroons). Highly recommended in VF.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Beautiful to look at, hard to eat and when I did extremely salty and tasting of eau de METRO products. For those of you who don't know Metro, think of Price Club or the cheapest frozen vegetables you can find in your hood. Nice servers (I guess) really bad salad and worse was the 48 euro bill I received with a half bottle of white wine (Sancere) and this the most horrible salad I have had ever in a restaurant. I am not sure if it was a bad night or a wrong selection but with capital letters consider this a Tourist Trap with outrageous prices and foul food. What a shame.

1  Thank WTravelGirl50
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We choose this restaurant because it is beside the sea and very pretty. We ordered seafood tagliatelle. this came with a curry sauce! There was no mention on the menu that the sauce was curry. we were in france so why would we ever think that seafood tagliatelle was curry flavoured? It was disgusting. Eighty Euros for 2 main course and a bottle of wine. A complete rip off. Do not be tempted by the pleasant surroundings. Move on.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

If you want to eat along the waterfront, we reckon this is one of three good places to do so. Very good menu, fresh good, and a good wine list - not exactly cheap, but we were really pleased with the quality of the fish and all three of us said it was one of the best meals of the week. We didn't manage to get a table right by the sea (left it too late), but had one just outside the restaurant main entrance which was fine. Attentive service. We've yet to try La Mere Germaine (because we don't smoke cigars, and aren't Russian, and don't like paying that amount!) but were pleased we tried this place. The "mini boullibaise" was excellent.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I loved my lunch here! I had a delicious meal, excellent service and a perfect seaside table. All this because I was snubbed at the restaurant next door...they did me a favour.

4  Thank Lolitravels