“Very highly recommended”
Review of Hotel Miramar

Hotel Miramar
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Vence
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We were returning to Vence after five years and chose the Miramar because our favourite hotel had gone out of business. However, we were delighted with the experience of staying in this well-located and comfortable hotel. On arrival we were autormatically upgraded to a superior room with a balcony and wonderful view of the mountains. The room itself was clean, well-decorated and maintained. The bed was very comfortable and easily accommodated my 6ft 2in partner. The bathroom was a good size with a shower and deep bath, the radiators were individually temperature-controllable and there was plenty of storage space. Staff were very friendly and helpful. It was winter, so we were unable to sample the delights of the pool or dining on the terrace (which itself has superb views to the east). We shall definitely return to the Miramar.
Vence itself is a beautiful, ancient town, well worth exploring in depth. Buses there from Nice Airport cost just one Euro. This is the flat rate for any journey and I would recommend taking a bus to the mountain village of St Jeannet, where there are superb panoramas and hiking trails.

Room Tip: You can choose a sea view or mountain view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
14  Thank Camperjenny

Reviewed November 25, 2012

The building was once a residence and later converted into a hotel but is now in need of renovation to move it up market if not to maintain the currently rated three stars. The best attributes for this hotel are the stunning view over residential areas and cornices to the mountains beyond, parking in the yard at the front of the hotel and being within walking distance to the village.
The rooms have ensuite and are best described as basic and maybe not to the standard shown in the internet photos.. Our room was on the third floor so if stairs are a problem ask for a lower floor. The breakfast can be taken in the breakfast room or on the terrace. The breakfast choice was basic. Wi-Fi was free.
There is plenty choice for restaurants and shops in the village.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on lower levels to avoid the stairs if this is a problem
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The view was fantastic. If you like the dirty old look, you may like the hotel. I didn’t. I wanted to get out as soon as I sat on the bed. Our room was small and parking was inadequate. The town itself didn’t have much to offer. I would spend half a day there and move on. If you stay there, there is a Pizza place at the end of the street that has better food than some of the fancier places in town.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Karyoosh
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I never write reviews, but this place is awful. Booked a room on Booking.com with a balcony for 108.00 euro. Got to the hotel and another couple leaving was having trouble with there room they booked a balcony room and didn't get one either. Seems they post there rates and then when you get there it's something different (called bait and switch). After calling booking.com and being on hold for 20 minutes, they said they would give me two free breakfasts (not much to speak of). They showed me a piece of paper in french saying I didn't book a balcony. I said I don't read french. Showed them my copy and it said balcony. Then I was told they were sold out for the balcony.
Do not stay at this hotel. If you have a booking and still have time to cancel I would do that.
They are rude and unhelpful.
Repeat Do not stay at this hotel!!!!!!!
One more thing if they tell you can see the bay it's a long long long long way

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank hopee534
miramarvence, Propriétaire at Hotel Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

These persons booked a room via booking.com. I received the reservation for a standart room at 108 Euros
The rooms with balcony are at 128 Euros
So I dont andersatnd how they asked when they arrive for a room with balcony.
These persons arrive in the hotel at 11 am, the check in is normaly at 3 pm. I said its to early and the room no ready but they want to take the room and we clean after.
To arrange these persons I gave a good room without balcony because my hotel was full but on the panoramic view and we gacve free breakfast ( 24 Euros per morning )
I mean its a good deal and are kind with thses persons so I dont know why they give this bad review...
If they want to have a more large room they must pay little more ...

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We spent 3 night in Hotel Miramar and loved it. The rooms are painted different colours, they are not very modern but they have a lovely feel to them. The manager was very helpful and friendly. The best bit about this place though is the terrace - it's huge and has the best view about the mountains and sea. The pool also has the same view. It's only a few minutes to walk into the centre of the old town. We would definitely return here.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a balcony, they are small but the view is worth it. Either sea or mountain v...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
13  Thank Blever1209
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Getting there with a car is somewhat complicated by the one-way little streets of the Vence's surrounding, but when you get there you are welcomed by a fantastic view of the Cote d'Azur hills. There are too many villas around for my taste but this is what Cote d'Azur has become in the last years. The hotel is nice and the rooms are well furnished and decorated even if my wife complained that they were too small for a long stay. Air conditioning is available only in a few rooms, but I suppose it is not necessary when the season is more ameniable than in a heated August. The staff - owner and assistant - is friendly and professional. There is no restaurant but Vence's centre ville offers many good solutions a few minutes walk away. The continental breakfast is acceptable, but the strength of the hotel is the swimming pool on the terrace well exposed to the sun and with convenient shaded areas.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so if you have problems in going up and down a staircase try booking a first fl...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Although the hotel does have a fantastic view we only stayed about 2,5 hrs before finding an alternative in the same village.
We arrived in the afternoon having booked AND prepaied online. There was no room available.
The receptionist was the most disagreable person I have met in a long, looong time. I got a speach of about 20 min on how the internet is the most devellish thing.... uuuhhhm I just booked on the internet, not so smart to critique customers like that before you even say HELLO. Then he continued onto how the internet was to blame for all misery in Europe and in the end I had to simply cut him off, tell him to shut up and move on with solving the problem of the missing room. What a disaster.
He gave us the room of other guest who had yet to arrive... Need I say more. We had prepaied a panorama room and got a standard double and no compensation "it has a view doesn't it" was the comment we got. So we used the pool, which is mega-chlored, caught some sun whilst going on tripadvisor finding another hotel in the vicinity...and off we fled.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple