Mercure Antibes Sophia Antipolis Hotel
Ibis Antibes Sophia Antipolis(Valbonne)(Great Value!)
$80
Hotel Omega(Valbonne)
$105
La Bastide de Valbonne(Valbonne)(Great Value!)
$135
$131
Les Armoiries(Valbonne)(Great Value!)
$117
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
Novotel Antibes Sophia Antipolis(Valbonne)(Great Value!)
$128
Seventeen Hotel(Valbonne)
TripAdvisor
Einstein Sophia(Valbonne)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssophia antipolistech parkthe room was nicepool tablestayed for two nightsrental carground floorantibessocketsdepartmentmaintenancehairdryercompaniesdisplaycoast
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Average hotel in the center of Sophia Antipolis. Quiet location.
Rooms ok. A bit poorly equipped with sitting surfaces. I didn´t like that the toilet (a small room) and the bathroom was separated. The wall to the bathroom had some dirt stains which are not remedied by cleaning. It could have been more channels on the TV. The picture quality could also have been better. The air conditioner sounded a little. Lowered it to the lowest and opened the window instead.
Nice and friendly service. In the restaurant the food was fine and reasonable priced and tasted well (eg the entrecote). Breakfast was ok but not worth the money. I would have wished more choices from the buffet.
Bus stop just outside the hotel (eg bus 230 from Nice and airport). A park across the street for strolling or jogging.
Overall an ok choice of an average hotel. Not more or less.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Hans K
antipolis, Directeur général at Mercure Antibes Sophia Antipolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

First of all, thank you for your comment posted on tripadvisor. I appreciate your nice feedback about our friendly service, our restaurant (tasted well) and of course our location in the center of Sophia Antipolis. I am sorry about the cleanness of your bathroom, be assured this case was isolated and our procedures are efficient. For the TV, we are going to replace our TV for large ambilight screen and add a lot of new channels beginning of 2014. I hope to see you for a next visit in Sophia Antipolis.
Best regards.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have been staying for many times in this hotel, and I am always satisfied.
Located in the center of the business area in Sophia Antipolis. (Bear in mind that you will need a car to move around as it is far from restaurants and places of interests in the area.)
The stuff is very efficient and give a good service.
Breakfast is good and suites every diet (Vegans, vegetarians, and others)
Rooms are nice and clean with air condition.
Do not expect much from the TV, most of the channels are in French and Italian.
You can catch the news on the BBC.
One of the main benefits in this hotel is the free WiFi, so you can stay connected.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Shmaya K

Thank you so much for your advice posted on tripadvisor. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your nice comment about our rooms, breakfast (totally enhanced last August). Our TV channels will be upgraded begining of 2014 with new and large ambilight TV screen. Thank you for your loyalty to Mercure Sophia Antipolis. Hope to see you soon again. Best regards.

Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I've just spent the week there on business trip. I usually stay at the novotel which has more or less the same quality nearby and I'm a platinum member.
The good: The staff is friendly. The restaurant offers a good menu with reasonable prices for dinner. The in-room dining is very limited but has great bread.
The bad: my bathroom would really require to be renovated (room 133). As in all Mercure hotels, you can get a full breakfast or an express breakfast for respectively €18 and €8,5. Both breakfasts are way too expensive and below average (the express used to be €7 two years ago, and they replaced the small vienoiseries with big ones lately - big mistake).

So my advice to
- the travellers: for a very short business trip it is OK, but only if you get a negotiated rate. Try to stop by a boulangerie around and get a real breakfast.
- the hotel manager: switch back to the small vienoiseries (I think your staff called them vienoiserie lunch), and try to lower the prices of the breakfasts. Visit the rooms and start some renovation. Give some bottle of water everyday, it won't cost you much and clearly add value.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
antipolis, Directeur général at Mercure Antibes Sophia Antipolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you for your advice posted on tripadvisor, I regret that your experience did not meet all your expectations.
I noted well your advice about our breakfast, we are working hard to improve it. As you could see, for few weeks the coffee changed for Nespresso; the orange juice is freshly squeezed; the charcuterie is from the country…
Moreover, I appreciate your nice feedback concerning our staff, our restaurant and room service.
Thank you for your loyalty to Accor. We hope to see you soon for your next visit in Sophia Antipolis.

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

A mixed bag: if you are lucky you get one of the renovated rooms, if not, feels like an under-average 3*, run down with stained carpets and lack of any charme. Rooms in general are badly noise-proof, thus hard to get a comfortable rest. Breakfast is OK, Restaurant serves food until 10pm, bar open till 11pm. No mini bar, but a complimentaty bottle of still water is available. If your business is close, might be an option, if rates are cheap. Otherwise the county club might be better. No go for leisure. Stick to the beach and pay the higher rate, it's worth it!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank aferret
antipolis, Directeur général at Mercure Antibes Sophia Antipolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations, and we beg you to accept my apologies. However, I am a bit surprised by your advice posted one year after your stay. Also, I cannot accept the "crap business hotel" as mentioned, as you can see most of our advices on TripAdvisor are positive. Best regards.

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Been there now several times, not for a business stay, the location is nice and quite.
The price are ok as well.

The rooms, even as they have been renovated not to long a go, seemed a bit used and the bathrooms definitely need to be refurbished, black corners in the bathroom etc, but not that bad.

If you like a bit more vacation lile hotel and you dont mind a little longer drive, check out the Mercure hotel in Saint Raphaël.

• Stayed: August 2013
antipolis, Directeur général at Mercure Antibes Sophia Antipolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

I would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel during your stay in Sophia Antipolis. I am sorry that the room equipment and design did not meet your expectations, and I beg you to accept my sincerest apologies. But I see you are a very regular guest of Mercure and I thank you. Hope to see you for your futur visit.