“DISGRACEFUL.WORST EXPERIENCE.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pizzeria Vecchio Porto

Pizzeria Vecchio Porto
Ranked #219 of 276 Restaurants in Saint-Tropez
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Brussels, Belgium
“DISGRACEFUL.WORST EXPERIENCE.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

I am an extremely tolerant and understanding person, but this restaurant made me take notes on what I would put in this review. The notes are largely sufficient to describe the experience we had (there was 8 of us so it meant big profit for them).These get better the further you read:
-Unclean Glasses
-They held cutlery in a manner that their hands were nearly touching the part we were eating with
-USED STRAW- my little brother took a sip from his iced tea and some sort of crust flew into his mouth from an already greasy straw
-HAIR IN FOOD!! So we returned it and received another plate with ANOTHER HAIR!!
-Complimentary bread you get along with your food was clearly taken from another table: We received 2 baskets one was full and new and the other one had about 4 pieces in it
-We should have realized the service would be unbelievably bad when the waitress brought us a glass for an 11e coke that she tipped over with all the ice in it- never apologised, just left it there and never cleaned up.
-On top of that waiters are absolutely incapable,everything falls from their hands, they are unpleasant and were just joking around about the hair in our food with still NO apology!

DO NOT EVER GO THERE. (+Milanese escalope/steak - €28)
-For the price the meals are small/medium and the taste is not great.

• Visited August 2013

• Czech first
The Metropolis
“Avoid at all cost”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Today's menu:
Pizza Capri (Mozzarella and Olives - you can't mess this one up):
They messed it up. The Pizza was half way baked, in the middle like chewing gum. Horrible taste, cheapest ingredients.

Tagliatelle with Pesto (no way this can go wrong):
It went wrong. Never tried anything with so little taste to it.

Simple salad (now this can save the day):
It could have - but since it was windy half the salad flew off the plate on the way to our table. The waiter didn't bother bringing a new one, he hoped we wouldn't notice.

After not finishing our food and drinks we left the table briefly to enjoy a cigarette right in front of the restaurant. We were standing 2 meters from it, and the waiter knew. It took the manager 3 minutes to clear our table and seat two new victims there. I was very tempted to leave without paying.

Together with an iced tea and a coke (served in cans), this unforgettable meal cost us a just over 60 Euro. Say what you want about McDonald's, but it's these things that make you wish you had gone for a 7 Euro Big Mac meal.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank hudavie
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Stay away from this place!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

How I wished I read all this negative reviews before entering the restaurant...
I didn't even know food could taste this bad!!

• Visited June 2013
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“The worst restaurant I've eaten at!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

As this was my first trip to St. Tropez we took a walk through the port to gaze at all the yachts, and ended up at the far end. As it was midday and baking hot we decided to stop at a restaurant on the front, and the menu of Pizzeria Vecchio Porto looked quite interesting, if expensive - but then we expected that due to its location. That is about as far as my positive experience lasted.
When we first sat down the table was covered with a fine layer of gritty sand, and the cutlery and glasses were also dirty. That should have been the only clue we needed - if a restaurant can't be bothered to lay a table up with clean cutlery then they can't have much interest in the quality of their food. As it was we were tired and persevered - I won't make that mistake again.
As we were travelling with my young daughter we asked for a highchair, which they did have but was very dirty when it arrived - never cleaned, it also took a long time to arrive.
To begin with the waitress was courteous enough as she took our order, even agreeing to cook something specially for our daughter. We ordered our food and some water for the table, though I had to balk at paying 6 Euros for a small beer.
Eventually the water and a bowl of bread arrived, but no clean glasses, and in the bowl with the bread there was a slimy, yellow blob of what looked like snot. It may not have been, but it certainly wasn't very appetizing!
When our food did arrive it was almost to a meal awful. The mussels were clearly not fresh, the bread on the hamburger tasted stale, the gnocci were swimming in oil, and the pasta al pesto was bland and almost inedible. It was easily the worst pasta dish I have ever tasted in a restaurant. It I had bought smartprice spaghetti from Asda it would have tasted better, and the pesto was awful.
We were asked to all get up during our meal because they wanted to move our table slightly, and then a few minutes later they were trying to fix the awning above us and nearly covered my partner and child with water! Also at no stage in the meal were we asked about the quality of our food (maybe they already knew!) and we had the constant impression that the staff were standing off to one side and talking about us.
A terrible restaurant - don't eat here!

• Visited June 2013
“DON'T EAT HERE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

This was outlandishly expensive. We asked for a caraffe of tap water and the rude waitress brought us a very small bottle of Evian that ended up costing us 5.80€. The food was delivered to the table in approximately five minutes and was reheated and terrible. My pizza had packet ham and tinned mushrooms on it for the grand price of 18€. We visited on a Monday night when the other two restaurants that we had chosen from trip advisor were closed. In hindsight, we should have walked back to the hotel to find a third recommendation! This was absolutely terrible. Do not eat here...