“stunning”

Hotel Saint Amour La Tartane
Ranked #21 of 73 Hotels in Saint-Tropez
Reviewed July 13, 2011

This hotel is more like a retreat and what a retreat it is absolutely beautiful the room was fantastic it was a suite and had its own courtyard at the back a veranda at the front and a balcony off the bedroom all surrounded with beautiful gardens and the scent of flowers constantly wafting over , the pool area is gorgeous let alone the restaurant under the pergola , the food was extremely good and of the highest standard , the free shuttle in and out of town was fantastic and we used it every day its only about 2 km away perfect, distance the staff were brilliant and extremely helpful couldn't be happier with this hotel and we will be back thats for sure .

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KennedysGoldCoast
There are newer reviews for Hotel Saint Amour La Tartane

Reviewed July 6, 2011

Hotel is quite pleasant with nice restaurant and pool. Rooms are very small. We had a junior suite which was basically a small room with a bath in the bedroom and an outside shower. Staff were very pleasant. The problems began when the power went off in our room 30 minutes before we had to go to a big party. The manageress' attitude was basically that it wasn't her fault and we had to make the best of it. They eventually moved us to another room, stuffed all of our clothes in the wrong cases scrunched up. The next morning was surprised that they had charged the same rate for an inferior room and no apology for the inconvenience and the manageress became incredibly rude and arrogant. Would never stay there again as politeness is one of the basic requirements of a hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank sttropeztrip
Reviewed September 30, 2010

I have just read the comments by Suzy1907 and must fully agree. I left money in the room and it was not there when I checked out. I also had the impression that somebody had been through our belongings. The manageress was not in the slightest bit interested in our concerns and inter-mated that we was making it up . There are lots of hotels in the Saint Tropez area, CHOOSE ANOTHER!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Glen2708
Reviewed July 6, 2010

I am in room 3, its 1:30am and the music from the restaurant is so loud we cant sleep, i made a compliant and they told me that the music stops when the last person leaves the restaurant. So far the staff have been good, the transfers to town and beach good, but, dont stay here for 450 euro i expect sleep at 1:30am...I am appalled.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Elliotcaus
Reviewed July 4, 2010

I stayed here for 2 days while visiting St. Tropez. I don't know what the other reviewers were complaining about, but I loved this place. The interiors were beautiful, the service was great (I had no problems getting 3 scoops of ice cream at 2am), and it was just beautiful being in the country side. Yes, the beds are a bit firm, but that's the same for most places in Europe, if you realize. The Clarita toiletries are great (good conditioner for my hair). I had a great sleep, no complains whatsoever. My only gripe is that the cleaning lady came in even though I left the "do not disturb" sign hanging. If you stay here, you definitely need a car - we had a rental and drove everywhere during our stay. The restaurant was disappointing though - Chinese / Thai food? I was hoping for some French.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank pinkfacedbunny
Reviewed January 30, 2010

The hotel looked perfect, and at first I could not fault it, but when trying to sleep, I was woken up many times by the sound of a major waterfall in my head. At least that's what it sounded like. In fact, it was the plumbing from the sink next door, which sounded like it was millimetres away. Being as I am a traveller who considers the ability to get a good night's rest pretty much top of the list of needs when choosing a hotel, I will give it a miss next time I am in St Tropez. When I told the manager about my experience in the morning, they showed no interest at all.

• Stayed: April 2009
3  Thank EuropeanLawyer
Reviewed July 8, 2008

My daughter and I stayed at La Tartane on the recommendation of a friend. We already knew from the hotel website that the setting was going to be special, very minimalistic meets rustic chic. The food, both lunch around the pool and dinner in the Thai dining room was excellent but expensive. Having said that the shops, restaurants, beach bars and hotels in St Tropez take expensive to a whole new level! Be prepared, hanging out with the beautiful people comes at a hefty price, so if you want to enjoy this town take out a second morgage and don't look at the bill. On the second day of our four day stay my purse was stolen!!
At this point the concierge at La Tartane, (Flavio) was quite frankley fantastic. Sympathy, coconut sorbet and currency were organised toute- suite. Flavio was wonderful and looked after us with such personel attention that we felt like family. He advise on which beach club was suitable for a teenage daughter, restaurants, shops, parking, maps etc etc. When we had to cancel expensive restaurant bookings in favour of bikini shopping on our reduced funds, Flavio immediatly sent over more sorbet to aid our new enforced bikini diet. He really is an amazing asset and stopped our holiday from being ruined.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family