“Best Italien Restaurant in ST. Tropez”

Cristina Saulini Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #103 of 301 Restaurants in Saint-Tropez
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Best home made Burata. Excellent pasta. Lovely friendly service.The decor is very calming and light. We had excellent wine from Pullia which we never tried before. Open only at night. Reservation recommended.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Make sure you get a reservation before you leave home...
Once there order the fresh Burrata which come with heirloom chopped tomatoes and herbs and a crusty delicious home made foccacia, warm from the oven with a drizzle of pressed olive oil. For dinner order the home made Tagliatelle with Truffles ....To die for.

1  Thank pincopalinoglobe
Reviewed September 2, 2013

OK, my mother and grandmother were Italians from Emilia Romagna, and superb cooks, but I still have enough sense to recognize a reasonable try, especially in an Italian restaurant outside Italy. Before opening, I went to the restaurant, where a waiter told me that everyone there is Italian, and that the Chef had some success in Saint Barth with her cooking. OK, I said, but is her cooking authentic? Reply "yes, of course!" Absolute bull fluff! Not only did the lasagne taste awful, but the reception committee, when I arrived, was rude. This place is ridiculous, because St. Tropez could do with an authentic Italian, but this place is a travesty; a perpetual lie!
Let's talk about the Lasagne Bolognese, I ordered. Classic stuff; should be easy for a qualified Italian chef!
Result? Catastrophically awful: microwave reheated, without beschamel, but with stong French cheese; lacking the delightful Bologna dose of celery and carrots in the ragù; and, for crying out loud, slices of "ham" right out of the local carrefour prepacking in the sfoglia!
She's an impostor; this woman is an impostor! And there was worse; some priggish idiot bloke at reception, who, with a snigger at his numerous Italian staff doing nothing around him, informed me that there was no table for me, unless I stayed inside: this was despite my booking 90 minutes earlier! And then, No! There is no other red wine by the glass! The only red wine by the glass was a Sicilian red which had enough tanin to retarmac the narrow alleyway they sat me in; view - old wall at 1 metre. No other red comes by the glass! So I ended up, as I was in the French Midi, by accepting the usual Rosé, with Italian Lasagne! Which cry out for a wonderful Italian red!
In essence, the food was absolute crap; the reception was absolute crap, and this lazy bunch were incapable of supplying the right wine in the right quantity.
Many well dressed suckers turned up to dine while I was seething over this expensive affront; Germans, Brits, French, but not a single Italian!
As you can't screw all of the people all of the time; the sooner this incompetent lot goes out of business, the better!! The French pizzeria down the road does a better job at a quarter of the price.

2  Thank gillebobs
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This restaurante is amazing!!! A wonderful italian restaurant. The owner is very kind and polite. The food is very good. I ordered a burrata with truffles for appettizer, which was the best I've ever eaten. After I ordered the truffle ravioli, and it was amazing!!!!!!!! The waiters are good and kind. Everybody are italian. Even almost restaurants in St. Tropez, you have to book before, and you can choose to 8:30 pm or 10:30 pm. I do recommend.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

An awful experience nobody should experience on vacation.The food is not that great and the staff is rude especially the owner.Beware if you go there without a reservation. Just because we didn't make reservations she ( the owner) treated us like we were not welcomed there. And the food is really not that exceptional. The restaurant is located on a very narrow street so there is no atmosphere either. I would not recommend it.