“Unexpected quality”

Ranked #207 of 298 Restaurants in Saint-Tropez
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Historic coffeeshop and provençal restaurant, zinc bar and old school décoration. Far away from bling-bling and louanges, we purpose you quiet and familial place on the campus " Place des Lices " Pétanque game and pastis under the shadow, sports évents diffusion , open all year from breakfast to dinner
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Sunday in St Trpoez on a cold and cloudy day is not quite the same as in a couple of months time....anyway, we were searching and searching for a place to eat and stumbled across this place that was packed with "frenchies" and I thought to myself......that is a good sign......! It was.
Service was good, food was better......go for the Carpaccio de Boeuf......a generous helping and deelish ! The Foie Gras was also excellent ...as was the Escalope de Veau.....all dishes were served together and were hot. Only criticism was the Chicken....a very small portion and no mushrooms as described on the menu.
I will go again, but I imagine in a couple of months time you will need to book.
The Restaurant overlooks the large area used for the market on a Saturday and a Boule area on Sunday afternoons !

There are newer reviews for Le Cafe

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I was looking for nice place to eat, I saw the reviews and thought I would try it, We sat down, given the menus, after about 5 mins the waiter came over and took the menus away, saying we only have 3 dishes available, spaghetti, muscles or salad! We opted for the spaghetti, The most boring tasteless expensive spaghetti I have tasted, I would not go there again, been in France for 4 weeks and possible the worse meal I have had

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We paid 34 euro for two Cafe, two Cokes and three sprite. 5 Euro for a Coke!
There was no drink menu available so we did not really knew what the prices would be...
This Cafe is recommended by few printed tourist guides. However, being recommended and located in St. Tropez is not a good excuse for such high prices charged for drinks. The service was not exceptional and place not so clean nor with exceptional view (not on the old port or with sea view).
Beware.

1  Thank Alma G
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Extremely slow and rather unfriendly service. Mediocre Tarte Tropezienne. I was served the worst cappuccino ever (it was absolutely horrible) for €6.

1  Thank CoobaCZ
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Nice location, cooled by fans with mist, but always crowded, so service is slow and the food is mediocre ( but not bad for St Trop, which is not a gourmet destination)