All reviews comfortable beds quiet area hotel is located friendly hotel air conditioning studio bakery sweden wifi swedish guidance sleep
Reviewed November 10, 2017

We rented a studio perfectly equipped with a nice little private patio. Hotel du Soleil is very cosy, super clean, comfortable beds, excellent breakfast and best possible service from the nicest hotel owners ever. We could not ask for anything more and will return shortly.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2017

It's in a nice neighborhood about a km uphill from the seafront promenade, putting it in the budget category, not by standards, but location only. I was greeted by two charming ladies from Sweden who run the property, and checked with my room just steps away within the boutique hotel. The room with 2 single beds, and tv had a clean updated bathroom. There was a safe in the closet, and remote control air conditioning. This was all I wanted and needed. When i came back late from dinner in town, i allowed myself 2 self service beers from their central refrigerator, and all was right with the world. I should have remembered to ask for the Wi Fi code, but no matter, I got by without it.

Room tip: I had room 12
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2017

We stayed at this hotel as a couple and had booked a double room with double bed. The “double bed” was in fact 2 single beds pushed together, and with 2 single duvets ! No double duvet ! This made sleeping difficult the first night as I kept getting tangled up where the 2 duvets met ! For the rest of our stay we ended up having to both sleep under just ONE single duvet (thankfully it wasn’t cold) ! For a hotel that prizes itself in getting a good night sleep, it is unacceptable to not provide double duvets for double beds ! Either offer only single beds (and we would have booked elsewhere !) OR have double beds with a double duvet.
The WiFi is also sketchy, working some days and not so well other days.
Good points are that the hotel is located in a quiet area, while being only 15 mins walk from the town center and beach, and the breakfast was really good, and with a selection of fresh fruits, which I particularly enjoyed. Coffee a bit too weak to my liking, but may be fine for others. The hotel offers bikes, beach towels and umbrellas for free, which is a nice touch (though there are many places where you can’t ride the bikes in the town).
This hotel is under NEW owners since summer 2017, so be aware that any reviews before that date don’t apply to the way the hotel is run now.

Room tip: If you need a double bed, definitely check before booking that you will have a double bed and with double duvet on top of it !
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank LJordan25
Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

Susanne and Linnea are the perfect hosts and the place is adorable. Traveling with two kids (3 and 1) can be a challenge - but not at this place! We know Susanne's cooking from before and would recommend it for any occasion - quick Tuesday dinner or an important anniversary. Our three year old is already planning our return and we all look forward to following how the place evolves into Susanne and Linnea's really high standard!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2017 via mobile

Susan and Lenea really makes you feel at home. Personalized attention and guidance during my stay.
Nice and clean rooms with A/C and everything the traveler needs. Large and secure parking area. Excelente breakfast (restaurant coming soon). Highly recommended!

Date of stay: July 2017