“Enjoyable stay, good location”

Best Western Plus Hotel La Marina
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Saint-Raphael
Reviewed August 4, 2012

the wonderful location , a thoroughly enjoyable hassle free comfortable stay, a home from home

lunches tended to be a little too fussy simpler choices would have been better

Breakfast expensive - so try coffee and croissants in the bar, much better value.

Great loacation

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Oaklands_Visitor

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Overall I would say the hotel felt like a 3*. The room was very basic, not spacious enough, and even though there was a window, it did not open. As a result, we had to have A/C on all the time, which was not nice as outside temperature was very pleasant and we could have done without.
Moreover, the A/C squeeked whenever it came on or off (which, unless you set it at a very low temperature, happens practically all the time).
Room amenities like bathroom kits etc. where only available on request.
Location was not ideal as one had to drive to city center.
Finally, while we arrived at the hotel at 13:00, our room was not ready before 16:00, for which the employee at the reception did not even apologize but simply let us know that we could change clothes at the gym and leave our luggage while we went to the beach.
Only good feature was the breakfast buffet, which lived up to 4* expectations.
Staff were overall polite and accommodating.
In general i would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Modern and clean hotel in a great spot near to all the restaurants in the harbour at the quieter end of St.Raphael.

Make sure you get a pool or harbour view, or you're likely to get a balcony by the car park.

Room Tip: Pay extra for pool / harbour view
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tim H
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Nice lobby, nice personal, the rooms are excellent, some of them have the best view ever....to the marina..., and the breakfast even can be enjoyed from a couple of meters to the boats and water.
The food is excellent, so altogether I can say that, whoever books this hotel will be happy with the choice.
Besides the fact that many other restaurants are just next to the hotel and a very nice walk to the center of the city.
I have problem with my back, but here I could sleep very well, I stayed 2 days more from the planned 1 day.
Personal is professional and helpful.
Breakfast has all, and what is very important that this hotel has nice Biologic initiatives towards the nature protection and offering bio wines and food. I find it excellent.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank sunrise1307
A TripAdvisor Member
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed October 28, 2011

En Anglais:
The room was very nice and tidy. BUT it was terrible to have to face the wastw depot of the San raphael community. At 0550 the bins were emptied with an ear shattering noise!!!!!.

Also chagering 14 EUR for breakfast is excessive.
Ola TRoedsson

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 19, 2011

We were very pleased. It is modern; not old city small room... but modern big room; had free wifi, had in-room coffee, bathroom was modern [marble/tile modern fixtures], room was clean, common hallway was modern and had nice decor. Very pleased after staying in so many "older" European hotels with small rooms; or hand-held showers, etc... Closely emulated American 4-star. Nice location on marina overlooking sea, had rent-a-car for access... but if no car maybe walk to center city may be too much [if done too often].
But, do not eat breakfast / brunch in hotel's restaurant. We went at 8:30 AM on Sunday morning, expecting relaxing brunch.... 1st when we walked in 80% of the tables had not been cleared; dirty dishes on most tables, had to hunt for ourselves to find clean set up table. Then went up to brunch station and the "primary" scrambled eggs were empty; the fruit salad was empty, and the pancake / waffle bin was empty. We told waiter boy, he said "coming". After eating baguette bread for almost 30 minutes awaiting replenished breakfast bar, it was apparent nothing was "coming". We asked again, and he said "it is coming". But nothing was coming, I got in tiff with him, batted back and forth some choice words, and told them that we should not have to pay for this. Now, to the hotel's credit, when I exited the restaurant and went to hotel front desk, they did in fact give us credit without any hassle.
So, hotel is great; but if you eat breakfast in restaurant get there at 7:00 AM, otherwise there are slim pickings.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank gtpatton
Reviewed October 10, 2011

I stayed in this hotel 2 nights for a business trip. I arrived on Friday in the morning and the room they designated for me was not ready, so they asked me if ofr me it was ok to have a shower instead of bath and I accepted.
The room was at ground floor and it was the n.2. I was too in hurry to take a look around and I came back in the room only in the late night... too late to change it!

I noticed immediatly that the room was not so good, the furnitures were very old and the bathroom was terrible! the shower has no shower plate, but you need to wash yourself on the floor. The bath was very old and very neglected... I had some problems in using it. For sure it's not a 4 stars bathroom!

The smeel in the room was not so good, the moquette wasn't very clean and the walls are so thin that you can heard everything of the near rooms but also of the first room.
I didn't sleep very well for this reason: too noise and the bed is not so comfortable.

The breakfast in the morning was really good, even if you have not a so great choice of beverages: I asked for a capuccino and they gave me something similar to coffee and milk. The brioches and the cakes were very good.

In the end, I stayed in the hotel only for sleeping, but the experience was not good, so for sure next time I'll book somewhere else.

I don't reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business