“Sunday lunch in Ste Maxime”
Review of La Table d'Aneth - CLOSED

La Table d'Aneth
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
teddington
“Sunday lunch in Ste Maxime”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We have just returned from a lovely lunch at Le Table d'Aneth , after reading the great reviews on TA. we were not dissapointed
This smal restaurant (about 25 covers inside) was full by one o'clock, but the service was excellent, friendly and welcolming,we were offered home made tapinade and humous with our aperitfes, and served at a leasurly pace.
The set menus were 24 and 30 euro but we chose from the a'la carte menu.
The prawn and mussel brochette starter,( special of the day)which was lighty crumbed and deep fried was excellent.Then I had the daube de boeuf which was classically cooked my partner had the fillet de boeuf served with a mushroom sauce and home made chips ,lovely.
The portions are quite large so we shared a desert of apples sauted in honey, with ice cream,delicious.
The prices were very reasonable for Ste Maxime and you could even get a bottle of house wine for 15.Euro ....which is unusual down here!
All in all a great experience thank you Trip Advisor for finding this for us,just what Ste Maxime needed, a good value,good food family run restuarant...... we shall return again soon!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank richard-midsx

UK
“A really fantastic unexpected experience”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We were in st maxime with my french in laws. A party of 5 adults, 2 kids and a babe in arms wanderinr around a cold st maxime in the october storms of 2012. We stumbled across la table d'aneth by accident on our way to the restaurants around it. The waiter seemed pleasant though so we stopped for a look and inspite of looking like drowned rats he offered us both a place in an outside veranda with a heater or in the resto. We went for the main restaurant and thought "looks a bit formal lets see". In fact it was great we wheeled our pushchair into a gap near the door and en had a great experience for the next hour and a half. Amuse bouches (tapenade and hummus) was excellent but the best was to come. The starters were delicious but the main course was extraordinary. The steak that my kids had you could have cut with a butter knife. My wife had the "petits farcis" for main a local speciality and courgettes fritters to start she tells me they were delicious (i didnt get the chance to sample). I had marinaded chicken which i think was the plat du jour and was delicious. My boy tells me his steak was "vraiement vraiment bon". The dessert i had was terrine du chocolat that was as craig would say "fa-bu-lous". We had popped in for a quick meal but in the end ate three courses. We had some fabulous local wine "campaux cotes de provence" recommended by the waiter. All in all a great lunch. I cant compare with the Maison Bleue" as i havent been therebut it would have to go some to beat this. If we are back in st maxime we will be there. Just great service, great food and friendly people. Reasonably priced also.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank nick3107
London, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I agree totally with the previous reviewer. My wife and I found good food, good ambiance, good service at a very good price. About fifty yards up from St Maxime's busy port promenade this is a great find. Go there!

• Visited September 2012