“Lovely 10 Night Stay”

Best Western Plus Montfleuri
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Sainte-Maxime
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed at this hotel 2-11 September and, simply put, it is a delight. I am not going to eulogise indefinitely about the staff but they make this hotel the honest, welcoming, comfortable and clean place that it is and we dearly hope to return next year and meet them again. The Director is a little severe but then he is the boss.

There are two, max. ten minute walks into town. The low road takes you alongside the sea, the top road into the higher part of the town and slightly quicker - but what's the hurry?!

We would definitely recommend a privilege room as it is slightly larger, particularly the balcony. The room needs to be at the back of the hotel and on the second florr if you want to look out over the Gulf of Saint Tropez. The facilities are more than pleasnt with a quiet if somewhat shady pool area, a terrasse at the back of the restaurant to laze/have a coktail before dinner and the restaurant itself offering some gorgeous provencal favourites - but you must eat out and about as well. Such a choice! One other point on the room - try to get one at the town end of the building as that has most sun. Free WiFi in the hotel.

The bateau vert takes you across the bay to Saint Tropez and back for Euro 13 which is very fair. The crossing is no more than 15 minutes. The Casino (passport required) is fairly small but good for a laugh after dinner - tables not open before 10.00 pm.

The age of the hotel's residents generally varied between 45-65 so we were fine. This is not suitable for children as a base for a holiday.

Monte Carlo is no more than one and three quarter hours using the motorway.

The Cote d'Azur is not cheap and you need to get your head around that before deciding to take your holiday on this part of the mediterranean. That said we love France and have been to many places but if we were for ever obliged to come for our holiday at The Montfleuri we would be very happy indeed.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I know Sainte Maxime very well and had to stay one night at this hotel. The hotel was unknown to me and I was delighted with my discovery. It is beautifully decorated and my bedroom although smallish, was luxurious. There is free wifi in the rooms. The huge room patio was amazing and comfortable. It overlooked the swimming pool. I was provided with a dressing gown and slippers so I could lounge on the patio sun beds.
The staff were friendly, welcoming and helpful especially at the reception. I ate dinner in the restaurant and it was excellent cuisine. The only negative was the restaurant waiter. At the next table was a party of four who were obviously local. They were served the same main course before me even though they were seated after me. This is a minor niggle and the waiter did apologize when I brought it to his attention and offered me a glass of wine to compensate. All in all I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this stunning hotel and only wished I could have stayed longer and taken advantage of the swimming pool and garden.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank dogwalker2011
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The roms are very clean, service at the reception desk is very professional and nice.
Breakfast is very good. Location is very smart, 5 mnts walking to the boat that takes you to st tropez and then in 10 mts you are in the st tropez marina without any traffic. No parking problem around the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EceEnder
Reviewed July 19, 2012

You could not ask for a better room. It's better than the more expensive rooms in Paris. Everything is new and large!!!! For Americans used to big rooms you won't be disappointed. The pool is a nice treat too. Town is an easy 5 min walk down a nice quaint back street.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank David V
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary could not have been better. This hotel is chic and beautifully presented to the minor details. The food and wine was amazing and the breakfast was varied from scrambled eggs to fruit cocktails, the quality was second to none. What made the holiday even better was the attention of the staff towards you, they were at your beckon call. The rooms had balconies but not ours. I would recommend a balcony room for the view, amazing!
I will be staying at this hotel again and thanks to everyone at the hotel who really made our stay most pleasurable.

Room Tip: choose a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oliver2011187069
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Four relaxing days at this nice and recomendable hotel, good seaview from the rather small room on second floor (Classic). Restaurant OK. Local wines, go for the rose or white as the reds are at best mediocre.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 1, 2012

This is our 5th year at Montfleuri and this year we took our parents so they could expereince it too. Upon arrival at the hotel we had a superb welcome and instantly felt relaxed. There had been some improvements to the hotel this year, a new lift, redecorated and redesigned bedrooms which were lovely, new decor in the lounge area and a new chef. It all made for an even more relaxing and delightful stay. The new chef has really improved the food quality and choice, I have to say some of the best food I have had in ages and the choice for the 'plat de jour' was extensive and a huge improvement on previous years. The staff in the restaurant were as superb as ever and nice to see some familiar faces. The hotel is ideal located for exploring the town and all surrouding towns like St Tropez and Port Grimaud. We spent a few days on the beach of La Voila as recommneded by the hotel, superb location, facilities and food - thank you to the fab reception staff for booking this for us. So all in all another great hotel, fully relaxed and we will be back next year.

Room Tip: For families room 109 or 209. Couple 111,112,211,212 or for couple wanted extra space 108, 107
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family