All reviews charming hotel no lift convenience promenade euros luggage st balcony
Reviewed July 6, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for a week with my wife and son. Ideal for a family base.

Great location, 2 mins from the local beach and harbour, picturesque French village.

Breakfast is an option at 9€ per head but we chose to eat out as plenty of patisseries around.

A hire car is recommended as the pampolone beach near St Tropez is about 45mins away. The hotel offer secure parking for 10€ per day.. The complex is 5mins from the hotel, it's worth it as a peace of mind overnight.

Rooms were decent size for family of 3, air con and TV,cleaned every day.

Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2015

The hotel only had a double room available so subsequently had to pay more. The room had a little terrace which overlooked overgrown gardens but I didn't use it as it was too cold to have the doors open.The room was a good size by French standards and had a nice bathroom. The heating was on low which was nice. No English channels on the tv but good free wi-fi connection. Well located in the centre of the town and close to the beach and amenities. Only stayed one night but it was a little too expensive for a 2* hotel compared to others I stayed in of a similar standard.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed July 27, 2015

I was trying to rent a room in Saint Tropez and this one was the first on the list and had good reviews, so I booked it. I didn't realize it was in Saint Maxime, quite a distance from Saint Tropez. I reserved two rooms, one for 3 (my friends and I), and another room for 2 (my friends parents). Each room has it's own air-conditioning unit and most have balconies.

The downside is there is no lift, and the hotel layout is like a maze. There are many stairs walking up through a hallway, then down again, then you can go around a corner and walk up another flight of stairs. The stairs are very narrow, so I definitely suggest to not bring much luggage with you.

The room for my friends parents was up a flight of stairs from the main lobby, down some stairs, down two long hallways, then up another entire flight of stairs. The layout in the room was a very poor layout. The toilet and shower were in two separate closets. The shower closet was so small that the average person would not be able to fit in it.

Due to the many stairs and lack of a proper toilet and shower, we requested a different room, but the front desk assistant would not help us because it was made through booking.com. Additionally, I left a gold watch in my room and immediately contacted them, but never received a response.

There also is no parking, so you will have to find street parking.

Room Tip: This hotel has a lot of stairs, and make sure you request a full size bathroom
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 8, 2015 via mobile

We stayed for two nights in this charming hotel and loved it. The staff/owners are caring and walk the extra mile and the rooms are clean, neat and better than most three stars hotels.

We highly recommend the breakfast: loads of different kinds of bread, yoghurt, cheese, ham etc served in the small garden.

The hotel is just around the corner from the beach and right in the city centre (but still very calm and quite.

Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jimmy S
Reviewed September 13, 2014

A low - cost family hotel. Rooms are little old but they are beautiful indeed. People are nice and helpful. Saint-Maxime is the perfect place to stay. Not expensive, nice and very close to Saint-Tropez.

• Stayed: September 2014, traveled as a couple