All reviewscharming hotelno liftconvenienceeurosluggagestbalcony
Reviewed October 21, 2015

The hotel only had a double room available so subsequently had to pay more. The room had a little terrace which overlooked overgrown gardens but I didn't use it as it was too cold to have the doors open.The room was a good size by French standards and had a nice bathroom. The heating was on low which was nice. No English channels on the tv but good free wi-fi connection. Well located in the centre of the town and close to the beach and amenities. Only stayed one night but it was a little too expensive for a 2* hotel compared to others I stayed in of a similar standard.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed July 27, 2015

I was trying to rent a room in Saint Tropez and this one was the first on the list and had good reviews, so I booked it. I didn't realize it was in Saint Maxime, quite a distance from Saint Tropez. I reserved two rooms, one for 3 (my friends and I), and another room for 2 (my friends parents). Each room has it's own air-conditioning unit and most have balconies.

The downside is there is no lift, and the hotel layout is like a maze. There are many stairs walking up through a hallway, then down again, then you can go around a corner and walk up another flight of stairs. The stairs are very narrow, so I definitely suggest to not bring much luggage with you.

The room for my friends parents was up a flight of stairs from the main lobby, down some stairs, down two long hallways, then up another entire flight of stairs. The layout in the room was a very poor layout. The toilet and shower were in two separate closets. The shower closet was so small that the average person would not be able to fit in it.

Due to the many stairs and lack of a proper toilet and shower, we requested a different room, but the front desk assistant would not help us because it was made through booking.com. Additionally, I left a gold watch in my room and immediately contacted them, but never received a response.

There also is no parking, so you will have to find street parking.

Room Tip: This hotel has a lot of stairs, and make sure you request a full size bathroom
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 8, 2015 via mobile

We stayed for two nights in this charming hotel and loved it. The staff/owners are caring and walk the extra mile and the rooms are clean, neat and better than most three stars hotels.

We highly recommend the breakfast: loads of different kinds of bread, yoghurt, cheese, ham etc served in the small garden.

The hotel is just around the corner from the beach and right in the city centre (but still very calm and quite.

Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jimmy S
Reviewed September 13, 2014

A low - cost family hotel. Rooms are little old but they are beautiful indeed. People are nice and helpful. Saint-Maxime is the perfect place to stay. Not expensive, nice and very close to Saint-Tropez.

• Stayed: September 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2014

This is a simple, clean quiet hotel. It's not flashy but you have a sense of comfort and security. The rooms are not especially spacious and you will need to carry your own bags upstairs but I rate the place and the husband and wife owner managers are friendly and helpful. I travel with my family so we needed 2 rooms. No problem and an extra bed for my youngest 11 year old son and daughters 22 and 19 years of age ).
We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel but it is available. ( we like to get out and explore, eating in one of the many nearby restaurants and cafes towards the main church nearby.)
There are so many beautiful restaurants to enjoy that you are well advised to stroll and see where everybody else is eating.
The marina has a ferry that goes to St.Tropez at regular intervals and takes around 20 minutes BUT be sure and check the schedule because there are excursion trips that take 2 hours.
St.Tropez is worth seeing but I would not want to stay there as it is for the rich and my heart doesn't race to see the famous... didn't see one A-lister there and it was July.
As far as beaches go the best beach that I visited in St.Tropez was Pampelonne beach. The taxi charged 20 Euros to take us there and what's the point of quibbling ? We knew that we were going to be paying "overs" and so it was. There are a couple of Beach Clubs that you can hire a divan @ 20 Euros each, for which you'll get an umbrella each and the waiter will serve you or you can get up and wander into a shaded area and take refreshment at a price slightly less. Again if you don't want to pay for these conveniences, you probably will be able to endure the visit but watching everybody else cooling themselves while you fry will be a memory long after you look at your fabulous photos of a beautiful panorama, thinking "why didn't we just cop the fare ?".
The beach back at Sainte Maixime is pleasant but the sand is more like gravel. The water is clean and there are adequate convenience stores and a pretty good market where you can contain your budget with inexpensive necessities. We all adored Sainte Maxime and will return for certain. I wouldn't say the same for Nice which we avoided this trip to Europe. Its an absolute shake-down ( rip off ) and the beach is just rocks there so take your shoes to the beach in Nice and your pocketbook but don't take me !

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family