We took two side view rooms for four nights (195 euro and 211 euro). We have stayed in this hotel many times before and know the area well. It is not a resort hotel (in contrast to its description) as it doesn't offer the facilities that a resort hotel should offer. The location is brilliant, especially for those looking for a quiet but convenient hotel away from the hustle and bustle of Nice itself. The nearby private beach (payable) is as good as any in Nice itself and is partcilularly suited for families with children.
Pros: Brilliant location by the sea for leisurely stroll; plenty of good restaurants nearby; 50% reduction for hotel guests to use Cocody Beach (12 euro instead of 25 euro); sea view rooms have far reaching views of the coast; family rooms available; air con in all public areas; rooms are quite spacious with good sized bathrooms; Cap3000 shopping mall, bus stop and train station are within walking distance; nice, light decor in rooms and public areas; shuttle bus transfers guests to and from the airport. If you hire a car, it is also a very good base for touring the area.
Cons: air con in rooms is hit or miss; use of nearby private beach can become expensive; no set menu price reduction for guests using hotel restaurant 'Chez Panise'; breakfast is over-priced at 23 euros for adults; dedicated facilities for children and teenagers are non-existent apart from swimming pools on Cocody Beach; room service menu is only available from 7-10pm during the evening.
Would I recommend this hotel? Yes- to families that have the finance to make full use of the facilities available. (I find it less stressful than Nice in peak season.) No- to budget restricted travellers and those looking for personal attention in a quaint / quirky hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Nice Port Saint Laurent is the only hotel of the area built right on the beach. It is walking distance from the shopping center Cap 3000.Holiday Inn Nice Port Saint Laurent features comfortable and renovated rooms with terrace, including some with a view of the sea. The rooms are spacious and luminous. They offer all the facilities you may need for a relaxing stay.For your comfort, the hotel features a restaurant serving buffet breakfast, to be savoured on the terrace. The new other restaurant The Bay Star Cafe is set right on the beach and servesa French Modern Bistro Cuisine : A delight ! Located on a beautiful sandy beach on the Baie des Anges the hotel offers also a private Beach : The Bay Star Beach and Lounge with Bar, Snack and beach restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Nice - Saint Laurent Du Var reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Nice - Port St Laurent Hotel St-Laurent Du Var
- Holiday Inn Hotel Nice
- Holiday Inn St-Laurent Du Var
- St-Laurent Du Var Holiday Inn