We stayed recently at the holiday inn resort, having stayed frequently at other holiday inn resorts around the world and many IHG properties - this is probably one that we won't return to. Unfortunately service and facilities didn't quite meet our expectations - though we were given an upgrade to a sea view room (very much appreciated). Travelling on our honeymoon we were asked to provide proof of our wedding date with a marriage certificate - which of course I did not bring on an overseas trip - in order to receive our benefits. As we did not have it they still did not believe we were on our honeymoon and we were told that we wouldn't receive our gift of champagne...I don't travel expecting 'gifts', this is normally something a hotel does at it's own discretion as a 'surprise and delight' gesture, not whether the guest has proof to redeem it or not. After traveling three weeks through France this was the first hotel we had been asked to show proof. I can understand why they ask it however the fact that they think we were not being honest made us feel undervalued.
Upon entering our room, we noticed that there were 2 separate beds - I wanted to call front desk to confirm they had checked us into the correct room however the room phones weren't working. Luckily at that time the porter arrived with our bags (he was very lovely and provided the best service out of all the other staff in the hotel), who called the duty manager. He came up and I asked him about the beds, we felt he did not take our question seriously and laughed and acted very coy. We had booked a queen room originally so all I asked was while we appreciate the upgrade, would there be a room with the bedding configuration we prefer, as we are on our honeymoon and don't want to sleep in separate beds! He simply said we could move but it would not be a room as nice as this, then made jokes about how he sleeps like this at home - we felt it was inappropriate and not relevant to our question. He told us we can both sleep in one of the beds together and that was that. We decided to stay as is, not wanting to ask for anything further - as it was impossible talking to him (he made it feel like he was going out of his way for us even though we hadn't really requested anything from him) and we just wanted to relax, so the rest of our stay we slept in one of the small double bed together.
Other than that the room itself and the hotel was very dated - understand they will be doing a refurbishment soon.
Only one bar which we went to in the evening, however after serving us 1 very poorly made cocktail the barman dissapeared for more than half an hour and we had no one to order another drink with, so we left.
Breakfast buffet - average food, average service. A lot could be done to improve here.
All in all it was an adequate hotel, but nothing special and not a 'resort' as I have experienced from the holiday inn brand previously. Very average.
I was prompted to write this as we have checked in to holiday inn Paris Notre Dame today, and have so far have had a much better experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Nice Port Saint Laurent is the only hotel of the area built right on the beach. It is walking distance from the shopping center Cap 3000.Holiday Inn Nice Port Saint Laurent features comfortable and renovated rooms with terrace, including some with a view of the sea. The rooms are spacious and luminous. They offer all the facilities you may need for a relaxing stay.For your comfort, the hotel features a restaurant serving buffet breakfast, to be savoured on the terrace. The new other restaurant The Bay Star Cafe is set right on the beach and servesa French Modern Bistro Cuisine : A delight ! Located on a beautiful sandy beach on the Baie des Anges the hotel offers also a private Beach : The Bay Star Beach and Lounge with Bar, Snack and beach restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Nice - Saint Laurent Du Var reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Nice - Port St Laurent Hotel St-Laurent Du Var
- Holiday Inn Hotel Nice
- Holiday Inn St-Laurent Du Var
- St-Laurent Du Var Holiday Inn