Holiday Inn Nice - Saint Laurent Du Var
$144
$138
Comfort Hotel Galaxie(St-Laurent du Var)
$105
  • Beachfront
$111
$107
Hotel Albergo(St-Laurent du Var)
$74
$92
$82
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
Hotel Le Gabian(St-Laurent du Var)
TripAdvisor
Auberge Dou Casteou(St-Laurent du Var)
TripAdvisor
L'Appart de Franck(St-Laurent du Var)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Auberge Villa de Montaleigne(St-Laurent du Var)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsprivate beachnice airportsea viewcap shopping centrethe holiday inn resortfree shuttle from the airportlaundry roomswimming poolnice city centertrain stationshort breakmonte carlohotel guestsrestaurants and barsbeach promenadelate flightvisit nice
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed here for a single night after a break in the Camargue. The hotel was easy to find, the parking somewhat more challlenging although there was plenty of space once you'd found it.

The hotel is nicely spread out on the edge of Nice marina with pedestrian access straight to the promenade.

Breakfast was excellent with a good choice and all the staff we met were very pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarcusHurley
Christophe A, Directeur général at Holiday Inn Nice - Saint Laurent Du Var, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving from your time to leave a feedback on Trip advisor Website concerning your stay at the hotel Holiday Inn Nice-Port St Laurent.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel on the pedestrian promenade facing the Mediterranean sea, the quality of our breakfast and pleased that our service was at your disposal in the best possible way.

We are looking forward to welcoming you at the hotel Holiday Inn Nice-Port St Laurent in the nearest future.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Nice and clean rooms, good breakfast, I loved location on the promenade, free shuttle to hotel from Nice airport, many restaurants and bars nearby. Service was very helpful, receptionist was upset more than me that my taxi in the early morning hours (when shuttle to airport is not still on duty) didn't showed up on exact time. Wi-fi worked well.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank HelenaSPU
Christophe A, Directeur général at Holiday Inn Nice - Saint Laurent Du Var, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your room, the breakfast, the location of the hotel on the promenade facing the Mediterranean sea, and pleased that our service was at your disposal in the best possible way.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Our three night Mediterranean cruise left out of Savona, Italy, the most convenient flight was from LAX to JFK to Nice. We had to take a two hour shuttle from the Nice airport to Savona, so we came in a day early just in case there were any airline delays, if we missed the shuttle it would be a very expensive taxi ride. I picked the Holiday Inn since it was one mile from the airport and had a free shuttle. I would be easy to get to the hotel, and back to the airport to catch our cruise shuttle.

We landed around 11am, called the Holiday Inn for a pickup which took less than ten minutes to arrive. The shuttle driver Patrick, was excellent, the best employee at the hotel. At check in only one of our two rooms was ready, however the helpful agent was able to find another room for us right away, although not on the top floor, we were just happy to be able to sleep after 20 hours of traveling. After all, the hotel was very empty since it’s the off season so it should be easy to fin an empty room that was ready. We made it back to the airport the next morning and were off to our cruise in Savona.

After the cruise we stayed another night at the Holiday Inn to visit our friends on their boat docked in La Napoule. However our experience with the Holiday Inn this time was completely different. I called the hotel when we arrived at the airport for a shuttle pickup and the lady said it would be 45 minutes. The hotel is one mile away, they assured me before I booked the hotel that we would simply give them a call and we would be picked up right away. I asked if they would reimburse a cab and she said that would be too expensive, so I had to argue until she sent the driver to pick us up. After picking us up, we went to the other terminal and pickup up more passengers, so I don’t know what the deal with a 45 minute wait was all about.

It was about 1:15pm when we arrived at the hotel and both of our rooms were not ready. I asked if we could get different rooms as we had to change clothes before we were to be picked up at 2pm. Also we were going to be out all evening until 11pm so I wanted to get settled in to our rooms so we could just get back to the hotel and go straight to sleep.

The desk agent, a different one than our first visit, would not find other available rooms, but called housekeeping to put a rush on our original rooms. As it got closer to 2pm they still had nothing for us forcing us to unpack our luggage in the lobby and change clothing in the lobby restroom. Our ride arrived and we had them check our luggage, I was extremely upset and asked if we would be able to retrieve our luggage at 11pm and they said of course.

We arrived back at the hotel at 11pm, I sarcastically asked if our rooms were ready yet, it was a different male agent and he said yes and laughed. I asked about our bags and he said that he didn't have the keys to the luggage storage room, but the bags "should" be in our rooms. If they were not in our rooms we would be out of luck until morning. I told him that I'll check but if they’re not there, I would be back down to kick the door in to the luggage room and I was not joking. Also I asked if there were any notes about our conversations earlier in the day and he said yes with a smile, I'm sure they put some notes about a rude American giving them a hard time.

Luckily our luggage was all in one of our rooms and I didn't have to go downstairs and cause some damage. It's just so surprising how having a couple good employees can make a stay so easy and pleasurable, on the other hand having to deal with a few incompetent staff can just ruin your whole stay. It’s obvious that there needs to be more training here to provide a consistently good experience.

Room Tip: Spend the extra for an ocean view room, try to get the 5th floor if possible for the best views.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Todd H

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience on the Trip Advisor website concerning your two stays at the hotel Holiday Inn Nice-Port St Laurent .

I'm pleased to read your nice comments about the hotel staff and particularly for Patrick.

I regret however to read you were not satisfied with some aspects of your second stay.
Your feedback is very important for us as it represents your personal feeling corresponding to your own experience and you can be sure that your comments will be shared with the department head concerned .

Once again, thank you for your having shared your remarks.

We sincerely hope you will give us a new opportunity to welcoming you back soon at the hotel Holiday Inn Nice-Port St Laurent.

Sincerely yours.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Located virtually on the lovely sandy part of the Nice Beach, to the west of the airport, this hotel is ideal if you are considering a quick weekend break. Superb situation, adjacent to beaches, bistros and bars - but very quiet too.

Room Tip: Our 'mountain view' room overlooking the busy corniche road was perfectly quiet and with a pleasant outlook.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Christophe A, Directeur général at Holiday Inn Nice - Saint Laurent Du Var, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear EnglandErica38,

Thank you for having posted your feedback further to your recent visit to the hotel Holiday Inn Nice-Port St Laurent.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the location and the quietness of our property.

We do hope to welcome you back soon for a new relaxing and enjoyable stay at the hotel Holiday Inn NIce-Port St Laurent.

Kind regards.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Was only here for one night to attend a meeting close by and then take early flight out and so hotel was selected purely based on proximity to airport.
That said the hotel is located right on the water with some really nice restaurants and bars close by with a really nice setting - fish restaurant right on the water was great and you can bill direct to your room bill which was convenient - staff were very helpful.
I am lucky enough to stay in some lovely hotels around the world so I did find this hotel a bit tired to be honest but it was clean enough and the staff were helpful and friendly and for one night it was more than sufficient.
Very close to airport for easy transfer, internet access, tv, etc etc - all more than sufficient.
Would use it again for one night stays.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear cc_KL,

First, we would like to thank you on writing your feedback concerning your recent stay at the hotel Holiday Inn Nice-Port St Laurent.

We are glad that you enjoyed the location just near the sea and the hotel team as a whole is delighted to read your kind review.

Please note that we just start a refurbishment program.
2 floors and all the meeting rooms will be renovated before the end of the year and the 3 last floors before the end of 2015.

We are looking forward on welcoming you at the hotel Holiday Inn Nice-Port St Laurent in the nearest future.