There is no pool facility at this hotel.
Our first holiday for six years and the first trip for our two daughters aged 4 and 5, with the lure of three advertised pools confirmed by the british reservation centre we went to teach the girls to swim.
On arrival the staff confirmed there was no pool as two had been filled in and the third (still in photos) is not for use, aparently residents who live in converted rooms throw things at guests trying to use the final pool.
The only option for water is to pay the extortionate 12 euros per day per adult to use the 'sandy' beach, it is sand, over pebbles that lead to murky harbour water with oh yes pebbles.
There is no restaurant for lunch and evening within the hotel and you have to go onto the promenade to find eateries or order from room service.
The manager offered us the use of a neighbouring pool at 2m deep throughout with only a few steps and loose tiles that resulted in cut feet. Not in any way suitable for young children to learn to swim.
So objective: a break to teach the girls to swim
outcome: over a 1000 euros out of pocket with swimming still to learn.
Holiday inns response pretty much tough, unless I can give evidence that there was supposed to be a pool, £80 back for the 'beach' charges and have a nice day.
Not suitable for families who actually want nice surroundings and as for the title resort? well.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Nice Port Saint Laurent is the only hotel of the area built right on the beach. It is walking distance from the shopping center Cap 3000.Holiday Inn Nice Port Saint Laurent features comfortable and renovated rooms with terrace, including some with a view of the sea. The rooms are spacious and luminous. They offer all the facilities you may need for a relaxing stay.For your comfort, the hotel features a restaurant serving buffet breakfast, to be savoured on the terrace. The new other restaurant The Bay Star Cafe is set right on the beach and servesa French Modern Bistro Cuisine : A delight ! Located on a beautiful sandy beach on the Baie des Anges the hotel offers also a private Beach : The Bay Star Beach and Lounge with Bar, Snack and beach restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Nice - Saint Laurent Du Var reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Nice - Port St Laurent Hotel St-Laurent Du Var
- Holiday Inn Hotel Nice
- Holiday Inn St-Laurent Du Var
- St-Laurent Du Var Holiday Inn