This is a reasonably modern, decent but not sparkling Novotel in a good position for Nice airport. Do be aware that it isn't actually at the airport - it's about 10 minutes' drive around some tricky roundabouts and bypasses to Terminal 1.
There is a good minibus shuttle which must be either booked from reception (outbound) or telephoned from the airport (inbound) and which is driven by the friendly reception staff. I speak French well and found the staff absolutely wonderful - but from listening to other exchanges I was aware that they aren't particularly fluent in English. The time taken to or from Terminal 1 depends on traffic but is about 10-15 minutes.
Our room was clean and decent, but a little small with the sofabed up. The bathroom smelled strongly of cigarette smoke despite it being a non-smoking room. My daughter and her partner had a nicer room a few doors down.
At this time of year the hotel is full of families in transit into and from the airport. There were a lot of under-10s of several nationalities giggling and running up and down corridors - all perfectly normal behaviour for excited children, but definitely not a serene, romantic getaway atmosphere and probably rather annoying if you were on a business trip.
There is a nice, safe swimming pool with loungers, next to a shaded, safe, outdoor terrace. Late in the evening (too late for us) there is a barbecue service. This is a particularly nice feature for families.
We walked about 200 yards to the stony beach (all of the beaches in Nice are stony) and had a very pleasant if somewhat pricey meal in a beachside restaurant. If you wanted to be economical, it would be perfectly possible to buy food in the Galeries Lafayette foodhall in the Cap 3000 shopping centre about 100 yards away and eat in your room. We didn't eat breakfast as hotel breakfasts are never good value for money when travelling with children.
The beds were good, comfortable and wide although the airconditioning was so noisy we had to turn it off.
We left on a Sunday mid-morning and so the atmosphere was more relaxed and the traffic less busy than on a weekday. Tip - reserve your shuttle trip back to the airport as soon as you have checked in as there's only 7 seats on the minibus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Nice Aeroport Cap 3000 is a 3 star hotel located 100 m from the seaside and the beach. The hotel features a private car park, a swimming pool, a terrace and a Mediterranean garden. We offer 103 rooms, a restaurant, bar and 9 meeting rooms foryour conferences and seminars. With the convenience of a free shuttle service to Nice Cote dAzur Airport (5 min away), the hotel is ideal for a business trip or a holiday in Nice with your partner or family (Marineland and St Paul de Vence nearby). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, ACCOR, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Novotel Nice Aeroport Cap 3000 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Nice Aeroport Cap 3000 Hotel St-Laurent Du Var
- Novotel St Laurent Du Var
- St-Laurent Du Var Novotel
- Accor St Laurent Du Var