“cannot better it”
Review of Le Moorea

Le Moorea
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: This chic seaside restaurant, located on the Port St-Laurent-du-Var near Nice, is run by renowned restaurateur Marcel Marro and enjoys picturesque views of the harbour. Infamous for its high-powered crowd of politicians, socialistas and business barons, Le Moorea has a superb summer terrace filled with buckets of fresh flowers, wicker furniture, crisp white linens and couture-clad clientele. Head Chef Olivier Milon is much-loved for his assured French cuisine, and signature dishes at Le Moorea include the spaghetti with langoustines and clams; the veal kidney casserole; and the delectable trio of cr��me brulee for dessert. Le Moorea also offers an impressive French wine list.
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We discovered Le Moorea several years ago and realy looked forward to our latest visit. We have never been dissapointed and the menu has now been translated into english which always helps, however the waiter also said there was a 3 course special on the french menu which he kindly translated. It was 28euro per person with about 4 choices on each course. Excellent value and of course beutiful food. We ate there twice for dinner on a 3 night break and would highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had lunch here and had a wonderful paella. We have been to Le Moorea every time we are in Nice. Starting 30 years ago, and never been disappointed. The service is professional, the wine is great, and the oysters for a starter are great. Considering the many choices in the st. Laurent port, this is a must for seafood.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We went to the Moorea following my wife's advice and I was not disappointed. I went for the Plateau de Fruits de Mer and i was fresh and delicious, my wife opted for a parma ham / melon / fresh Mozza salad followed by salmon tagliatelle. We ordered a very nice and chilled Sancerre Red which went very well with our choices.
I will never insist enough of the pleasure I had to be tended by true professionals. Always there when needed, but not too much around you.
I will definitely come back.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

we have been going to this restaurant since 1992 - It has been there for 34 years so I guess you can call it a classical establishment, the enthusiasm of the owner Marcel, or his staff did not wane, my problem, as a wine amateur, is his minute wine list which gives you not much of a choice - but this does not deter me from going back every single time I am in the area - DONT MISS OUT ON THE LOUP DE MER AU GROS-SEL!! IT IS A MUST....

Reviewed June 15, 2011

The quality of food isn't up to par with the price. I will not come back here as there are many better places in the Harbor.

1  Thank S J