“Hugely disappointing meal”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We returned to Cap Ferat and Bar du Port after a break of several years. We were terribly disappointed with the food and service at a venue that used to dish up wonderful value for money, simple french cuisine and one that was the subject of a glowing write - up by the late Michael Winner. On this occasion the service was slow to start with then increasingly frantic by a stressed out waiter as our food arrived. Two of our party had grilled sardines. I had steak which had clearly been cooked with them and so tasted strongly of sardines. The waiter was totally disintersted when I told him, he collected my plate and sped off. We shall return to lovely Cap Ferat but not to Bar du port.

1  Thank john b
There are newer reviews for Restaurant du Port

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We had to attend a wedding service at the church around the corner of this restaurant.
Since my grown up daughter urgently had to use the facilities, she politely asked to use the bathroom and even offered some coins to the waiter who stood on the terrace.
The latter blandly refused her the use of the toilet, hereby loudly proclaiming "that the restaurant had no bathrooms".
When I answered that we lived in the neighbourhood and would remember this rude (and unlawful) behaviour, he yelled even louder that he couldn't care less...
Even if it were the last place to eat in the south of France , I'd never ever set a foot inside this joint.

1  Thank Slijkmoto
Reviewed September 8, 2013

At first we thought it was the locals bar on closer inspection we looked at the menu and decided to try. So glad we did we both had prawn advocado to start. Then i had veal milanese with pasta and my wife had what she reckons was the best Vongole. And we have been to VENICE !

Reviewed August 9, 2013

My wife and I have ben regulars of this place and have always enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere, the nice view on the harbour and the excellent service. We got married in Eze and the night before the wedding, we had an informal meal there with no less than 60 guests on the terrace... Everybody had a ball and the food was as always, nice and fresh. Highly recommended!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Nice food, ok venue, nice staff. Nothing to write home about though. I had pasta with pesto (rather creamy but a 6/10) and my boyfriend had sardines (7/10).