Le Roquebrune
Hotel Westminster(Roquebrune-Cap-Martin)
Les Deux Freres(Roquebrune-Cap-Martin)
Monte-Carlo Beach(Roquebrune-Cap-Martin)
View Hotel
Residence Les Jardins Du Cap(Roquebrune-Cap-Martin)
View Hotel
Hotel Le Grand Cap(Roquebrune-Cap-Martin)
  • Pool
Hotel Victoria(Roquebrune-Cap-Martin)
  • Beachfront
Hotel Reine d'Azur(Roquebrune-Cap-Martin)
Hotel Alexandra(Roquebrune-Cap-Martin)
  • Beachfront
All reviewssmall hotelwonderful viewwi fipatriciasistersbalconymonaco
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 11, 2011

It is a terrible feeling when you get cheated on money...especially when you're on vacation!

I still can't get over what happened at our recent stay at Le Roquebrune. Everything was just about perfect until the time of our check-out - then, I was shocked to see that our original room bill (140eur) was doubled (to 280eur).

The hotel overcharged us on everything. We wanted to have lunch on our arrival and I went to the reception to order two items from the menu, around 10-12eur each. The friendly owner suggested her ratatoulle instead, and she also had some grilled fish ready...mmm, it really was a nice simple lunch - we shared the pot of ratatoulle between the 2 of us, and both of us had a small fish. Now, guess what they charged us on check-out? 80 euros! Not even the fanciest five-star hotel would charge anything close to that...

And that is not all. We stayed only one night and had a breakfast on the next morning. I have stayed in many, many places in France and the breakfast has always been included - especially in small "bed & breakfast"-type of places like this one. Well, we had a juice, coffee and croissants and were charged 20 euros for that. But the worst cheating happened with the fruits - which we thought would be included in the breakfast. They charged us 15 euros extra for those!

I think this is all very sad. I am still astonished by all this...how on earth can this happen? Maybe at a sketchy place in India, but no way in Western Europe!!! The owner was such a charming old lady. Maybe they just wanted to take the chance in my case. The owner saw my fancy sports car, with plates from the Emirates - maybe that made her think she can charge anything.

Anyways, if you still want to go to this place, make sure in every instance how much everything costs!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
14  Thank Hulivili
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I would highly recommend this B&B. The location and view from the room was outstanding! We had the most incredible evening made sure by the two wonderful sisters who own the establishment.

Dinner was served on our private balcony and along with the perfect service the food was delicious. Small menu with simple choices but so tasty!

Easy parking, closely located for a swim in the ocean.

Just around the corner from Monaco it is a prime location.

The room is very clean and spacious. We stayed in the golf bleu room.

I would go back in a heart beat.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank CJANDJ
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Le Roquebrune is a small (5 rooms) charming bed & breakfast within walking distance of Monte Carlo. My husband was ill when we arrived and Patricia offered him a soothing tea and homemake soup. It was like staying at a loving relative's home, except it's on the Cote d'Azur....WOW! We wish we could have stayed longer. The staff is wonderful and they really do want to make your stay as comfortable & pleasant as possible. There are no elevators, but there is a strong gentleman who will carry your bags up & down 2 flights of stairs and he is a multi-tasker.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2011

We had a large quiet fantastic room with a view of the sea. Easy walk down to an uncrowded beach. The restaurant has an even better view - very good food, expensive but no regrets. (but where else can one eat around there - not obvious!). The point of this trip was to see the little cabin Le Corbusier built. The sisters who run the hotel remember Corbs wife visiting. We were given a great tour of the cabin by the local tourist office person. Tuesdays and Fridays only - best to call the tourist office first and reserve a place.
Note: The Eileen Grey house - next to the cabin - is still being repaired, so I could be returning to the Roquebrune in a year or so to see that.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2011

I stayed here while working in Monaco and felt well looked after. It's 10minutes on a very regular bus to Monaco for €1. Patricia was enthusiastic and helpful. She encouraged me to take a walk up to the castle but neglected to say what a mission it would be. It was a tough, almost vertical, walk but think it verified that I need to do more walking. It's great at the top... if you can make it!

I was moved to another B&B down the road for my second night, due to overbooking, but I was on my own and didn't mind. I did have to pay more but this was refunded.

The road is very noisy and in the morning it can wake you early. The room was clean and the full moon and then sunrise out on the balcony made it a great view.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business