“We liked it!”
Review of Le Golfe Bleu

Le Golfe Bleu
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I spent a week here with three girlfriends (girls' trip) in December, and all of us thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The view is magnificent and the accommodations are fine. Although the kitchen was only a partial, it was sufficient and well stocked. The beds were fine, and best of all, IT WAS QUIET!
The staff was very friendly and helpful. The bus stop is close by, and there is parking for those who rent a car. Heads-up: We had a car and found the parking a bit challenging at first. It is underground (very roomy-yay!), but to get underground you must use a car elevator. The elevator is very small, and learning to negotiate in and out takes some time. We considered it an adventure!
If you are looking for the luxury of an American hotel, get a room at an American hotel. But if you are looking for a comfortable place, with the option of preparing meals "at home" and then enjoying them on a lovely patio with a breath-taking view, then stay here.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank PCfan
Thierry C, Réceptionniste Caroline S at Le Golfe Bleu, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

We are really happy to know that you are spent an good stay in our residence. We understand that the car park is unusuall for our american customers but this is due to the residence to be situated on a hillside. That situation offers however a breath-taking view.

we hope to welcoming you again soon with pleasure.

Why not during summer time to enjoy the beach situated at 5 mins below and the pool of the residence.

You are right, our services aren't comparable to a luxurious american hotel, but all the staff endeavour to ensure to our clients a nice stay with the best conditions. The friendliness is one of our priority and the surroundings is our best highlight.

Do not hesitate to contact us again for more informations. You can look for the Facebook page too.

Best regards

The team of Golfe Bleu

Reviewed July 14, 2013

the only thing i liked from Golfe Blue is the view. that is all.... the appartment doesn't deserve money you pay! claustrofobic (no windows) doble-dacker sleeping room. No air -conditioner!!!!!!!!! (july is hot!) horrible. only 1 small ventilator. no bars or supermarkets nearby. personal is not realy friendly. you have to pay for towels, bed covers, everything.......and what a surprise- they oblige you to clean all the appartment when you make check -out! wednesday they even don't open reception, so.........you know- never again.

Room Tip: don't take 1 floor.....there is no protection for your room. reception ask you to close windows...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Tatyana Z
Thierry C, Lucia Reservation Dept. at Le Golfe Bleu, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Kind attention of Tatyana,

In reference to we would like to specify some details from our side.

We regret that you did not enjoy your holiday in our residence as indeed the GOLFE BLEU is very well known for its magnific position facing the Mediterranean sea, including the bays of Roquebrune- Cap-Martin and Monaco Principality.

Concerning the price of your holiday, in JULY and in AUGUST our prices are indeed higher but their range is still less expensive (or similar) than in other resorts , all over Côte d'Azur.

Our challenge is to offer a nice holiday at an acceptable price, all year throughout.

Our self catering aparments were built in 1983, still in very good conditions according to the majority, and their conception were on a holiday basis; most customers are happy with this style of accommodation; when the temperature is too hot we may provide, on request, a supplementary fan for your confort.

The Golfe Bleu is situated in a residential area of Roquebrune-Cap-Martin town, with no bars or supermarkets above all because inhabitants of the area do wish to keep a quiet style of life; even though you may have a home delivery from the nearest supermarket or just take the bus (very nearby stop) to reach, in a few minutes, a commercial area.

Each morning, We also provide a daily bakery service (baguettes, croissants, "pains au chocolat") on request; our customers appreciate this extra service.

Concerning the bed linen, our customers may choose to bring their own towels and sheets; this is why this service is on request and represent just a little extra of 9 Euros per person in total.

As per residence rules, we recommend to leave the apartment correct (not deeply cleaned);in this way our conscientious staff will be able to clean at the best the unit for the next occupants. This rule is accepted by all customers who are informed about it, prior to their arrival.

Another possibility is offered for customers who do not have time to clean up the unit: we may apply an extra charge of 30 Euros for urgent check-out.

Our reception is open 7/7 days each morning and each afternoon except Wednesday afternoon only. For check-in and check-out on Wednesday afternoon we provide a special processing.

All the level gardens units of the residence provide a safe to keep personal belongings; even though, we recommend to all residents to close their windows when they are absent just because we are in a Tourist area. This precaution ensures a peaceful holiday.

Thanking you for your attention, we are at your disposal for any other information.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed here for a week with my family. A nice place. Very polite staff. The only problem was that there were no restaurants or shopping malls close by and you have to travel a little to find one. There is a bus stop very close by and with a single euro per person you can go wherever you chose. The view from the apartment though was great. Would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Erion T
Thierry C, Lucia Reception Dpt at Le Golfe Bleu, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you from all of us for your nice comments concerning your stay in our residence

We are glad that you have enjoyed your holiday and hopefully we will welcome you again
in this little corner of Côte d'Azur with the beautiful landscape in front of the residence.
Our challenge is to make customers' holiday the nicest possible and we endeavour to keep commun areas, such as swimming pool, fitness room, launderette etc.... secure and cosy.

Unfortunately there are no shops indeed nearby (on the other side you may find a few restaurants on the way to the Principality of Monaco) but this is mostly the will of inhabitants who wish to keep this area quiet and residential. Kindly note, to solve out the distance of shopping malls, you may have a home delivery from the nearest supermarket in Saint Roman.

Please dont hesitate to contact us for any other information.
With best wishes

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I just spent a week (June 9-16) on the French Riviera and stayed at Le Golfe Bleu through RCI. The staff was extremely helpful and welcoming, not only, upon our arrival but throughout the week. They were able to get us into our room early, too. We used Le Golfe Bleu/Roquebrune Cap Martin as our base for the week and traveled along the coast by bus and train. Our apartment was small but typical of European apartments. Our apartment could have slept 4, but there were only 2 of us. There were bunk beds (2) as you walked in to the left and the couch with its trundle bed in the living area. The toilet was separate from the shower and sink. The galley kitchen was fully equipped and even had a dishwasher. The view from our apartment was breathtaking looking out over the Mediterranean. The apartment did not have air conditioning, but it was not needed. The sliding glass door was the only air conditioning we needed at night. Le Golfe Bleu is conveniently located just a 10 minute walk from the Roquebrune Cap Martin train station (downhill; coming back, it's uphill). Know in advance that the train station is not manned, and you must buy your train tickets (3,50 € per ticket) at an automated machine. Don't forget to validate your train tickets after purchasing them. There's a yellow box that stamps/validates your ticket near the automated ticket machine. During our time in Roquebrune Cap Martin, the automated machine would not take credit cards. We ended up buying a train ticket for the week, and it saved us about 75%. Le Golfe Bleu is also conveniently located to Monaco and Monte Carlo. It is just a 20-25 minute walk or 5-10 minute bus ride to Monaco. There is a small Casino grocery store located about 15-20 minutes, walking, from Le Golfe Bleu. For great restaurants, get on the train toward Ventimiglia (Ventimille) and stop in either Carnoles or Menton. If I had the chance to go back, I would; and I'd stay at Le Golfe Bleu again using Roquebrune Cap Martin as "home base." Bon Voyage!

Room Tip: Our room was in the Chevrefeuille (morning glory) building on the 3rd floor. Excellent view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank KateC810
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Let's be fair here: yes it is basic. Bunk beds for adults made me giggle. It is remote yes if you prefer restaurants and stores within walking distance. But if You are ok walking uphill for 200m to the bus stop pay one euro and go whereever. This is a good deal. You just simply get what you pay for. We are having a good time.

• Stayed: September 2012
10  Thank biancavd
Reviewed March 28, 2012

After reading some of the reviews on Le Golfe Bleu, I was resigned to making the best of what was probably going to be a less than average accommodation where I would have to work hard to find things to do. I was so wrong! My time there started off with the train breaking down on the way and so I got there after closing time. Not to worry - a staff member waited for me and even sent a taxi to the train. The studio could sleep 4 but was best for 2. The view of the sea was magnificent from the balcony! The unit was very clean; since I was doing an RCI exchange, I didn't have to pay for linen. The futon opened out into a very comfortable bed. The unit had character! It wasn't luxurious but was more casual and nicely decorated. We spent 2 weeks there and the staff was just great. They were very helpful and upbeat.

There was a computer with internet in the office and you could send faxes and print materials. If you had a computer you could get wi-fi in the condo and phoning North America cost about 6 cents a minute! The office does close from noon to 3:00 pm but that wasn't a problem.

We didn't have a car and didn't miss one as there was so much to do in the area. We visited Nice and Monaco often - the bus stop was a 3 minute walk from the resort and the fare was one euro one way. The trip to Ventimiglia, Italy took about a half hour by train and was about 4 euros. We walked over 500 steps to visit the old town of Roquebrune and had a great time. We also visited Menton often. If we had had a car, we would have explored Italy more. For instance, Genoa was only about 2 hours by car. But we could have also taken a train if we really wanted to go.

We walked a kilometer and a half - about 15 minutes - to Saint Roman to pick up groceries at the supermarket and there was a good butcher shop across from it. A wonderful bakery was only a 5 minute walk from the resort. Beware, I gained weight eating the pastries and baguettes! But I was on holiday. I would definitely visit the resort again.

Room Tip: We visited a few other units as my friend fell in love with the resort and wanted to buy a few weeks...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
10  Thank AuroraSky
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I have spent 14 days at Le Golfe Bleu with my familly, and I really mean that I have wasted my holiday.

It is located in the middle of non urbanised area. Nearest market is 2 km far, so when my 3 yeras old child wanted an ice cream, I had to go there by the bus. The same story was every morning, when somebody had to go shopping for the groceries. Yes, I could use my car to go to the market, but the garage is underground (you must use a lift for your car) and it is very complicated to get your car outside. The stairs to the garage are very steep, and the light is poor (sometimes you are in the complete dark), so I had an impression that Freddy Krueger will come in front of me.

The resort is conveniently located near the bus stop and the train station, so we were using public transportation often.

The swimming pool is small and often overcrowded. The "children playground" is terrible, and I couldn't let my child play there at all.

The beach is near, but you have to use a lot of stairs to get to it. If I have to describe Roquebrune-Cap-Martin with one word it would be STAIRS (and more stairs).

We didn't manage to find any restaurants near the resort.

Rooms are rather small with elemetary furniture. If you want to use towels and bed sheets, you have to bring them from home, or to pay 8,5 eur/week pp. Internet access will cost you another 5 eur/week, but you will enjoy in the astonish high speed of 300 kbps (yes it is kbps, not mbps). At this speed you can't use youtube or other streaming services. This means that you will be limited to about 30 TV channels (mostly French) which are preset on room TV. There is no aircondition in the room, so If you want to cook it can be difficult to cool the room.

The staff is friendly and the view from the balcony is beautiful. Those are the only things about this resort that I liked.

Monaco is near (5 min by bus or train), and Nice isn't so far (30 min by train), so I have spent most of my time there.

I certainly won't visit this resort again, and I will send a letter of complaint to my travel agent who recomended it to me.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank mzivkovic012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roquebrune-Cap-Martin
Hotel Victoria
#6 of 10 in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin
Les Deux Freres
Les Deux Freres
#4 of 10 in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin

Been to Le Golfe Bleu? Share your experiences!