Tripadvisor
Nice

“One of the best Cheese Shops in Nice”

Fromagerie du Carre d'Or
Ranked #1,527 of 2,267 Restaurants in Nice
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What luck to find in my neighborhood this winter in Nice, what I understand and can now attest to as one of the best cheese shops in Nice. I of course, began to saying Bonjour Madame, and asking how her day was. When I struggled with my French to explain what I was looking for and pointing, she said “English,” and from there we had a wonderful conversation and I was given very good advice on what to choose after sampling several cheeses. I couldn’t resist the oldest cheese (I believe it was 48 or 50 years old) in the shop to pair with my sausage cuts, a crispy baguette (picelle) and a garden salad. The shop is only a couple of blocks from the Promenade des Anglais where one can look out at the sea and enjoy a small picnic while sitting on one of the benches. You will not be disappointed, if you try. Enjoy!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (16)

Reviewed December 12, 2019

I bought some french cheese to do a present for my wife because she loves it , good price and very good quality

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed December 6, 2017

We cam in looking for a specific brand of butter, but found three other options including a high recommended unsalted butter for baking. Soft Real Truffle cheese made by the owner. Other hard cheese and blue carefully selected by their discerning tastes. Samples of everything before your purchase. Great selection and very reasonable. Extremely friendly service. They vacuum sealed everything for me in a nice packable bundle. Highly recommended shop.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank Larry G
Reviewed September 23, 2016

My wife loves cheese so we went here as it it close to our hotel by the promenade. Great selection of cheeses. Owner was very friendly, spoke English and advised us on so many different types of cheeses. She let us try every one and helped us vacuum pack it for our journey home. Very well priced and would definitely recommend if you want to take it home or eat right away in Nice.

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank foblex
Reviewed April 16, 2016 via mobile

Walked in, they advised us on cheese from their extensive selection, and recommended a wine pairing. Very friendly and prices were reasonable! The local cheese they helped us choose was delicious. Highly recommend, and will visit again the next time I am in Nice.

Date of visit: April 2016