“Had to give my opinion on this hotel to counter the bad reviews!”

Le Laurier Blanc Hotel
Le Laurier Blanc Hotel
Ranked #186 of 203 Hotels in Nice
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I stayed at this hotel in July. Whilst I don't know about the bait and switch thing that a lot of previous reviewers mention, our stay at the hotel was more than adequate. I agree that the standard was probably more like a B&B but a lot of the hotels in Nice tend to be like this especially with the independent hotels. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the Promenade des Anglais and about a 5 min walk from the main strip of restaurants/entertainment. The room was clean, spacious and had free wifi. The bathroom was a little small but more than adequate and clean. My girlfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights and both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The staff were also very friendly and courteous. Felt I had to write this review in response to some of he very negative reviews although I guess experiences can vary.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Karleldin1

Reviewed September 2, 2009

Our room looked like a bed and breakfast, with two twin beds with white posts (very comfortable), a beautiful window, large vanity desk with large mirror and sufficient lighting, refrigerator, closet and a beautiful bathroom! We could not find such good, simple amenities at other hotels with similar price. Location was excellent, in city centre, about 10 blocks from the beach! You could walk to everything! Staff was very friendly and helpful (Akram and Carab). Hairdryer and tea kettle in room. Iron downstairs. It's off the main street, so it's quiet, which is sooooo nice! But you should use a map to find it. I loved waking up here and seeing the beautiful room! Very spacious. Only problem is it's hard to wash your hair unless you sit in the tub. there's no standing shower and no curtain. But the tiles are beautiful.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2009

I stayed here for three nights in 2006. I booked in advance by email and my booking was honoured, although I arrived at ten pm. The reception was business-like but friendly. The room was clean but was showing signs of age: the floor was creaky and the wardrobe rickety. However, the biggest problem was the noise from the room next door. The wall was paper-thin and on my first night I could hear the TV as though it was in my room. After I banged on the wall, the noise stopped. When I pointed out the problem to the reception the next morning, I was told that the occupant was a long-term resident but that he would be asked to be quieter. This did not happen. The following night the noise was more biological in nature and everything was audible. I had to try to sleep in the bathroom until things quietened down. The following morning reception was sympathetic but clearly unable/unwilling to do anything.
Breakfast was adequate but extra.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled solo
Reviewed October 28, 2008

The owner is dishonest,he charged my credit card twice and he did not give me back my mony,dont book at this hotel and dont give your credit card number to the owner because you will be a victim as me,if you have been to this hotel please check out your banck acount,the owner is very dishonest.

2  Thank victim1948
Reviewed September 27, 2008

As Khakisuit we fell victim to bad management and didn't actually stay at this hotel.
When we arrived we were told therewas no record of our booking, however our deposit was swiftly refunded in cash and the ever so helpful manager contacted a friend at a nearby hotel to assist with our problem, he even gave us a lift around to the next hotel in his own car. We waited for our lift until he booked in some new arrivals! It was quite obviously a staged activity and our rooms probably sold for a higher price.
We booked through CentralR and when we raised this matter with them they simply forwarded our complaint to the manager, needless to say we have heard nothing more.

With hindsight we would have been better to locate an alternative ourselves, the place we ended up would not have been our choice, and even though our price was matched, we ended up with a triple room rather than a double and a single, so not the most comfortable stay for my daughter who is an age where privacy is paramount.

DO NOT TRUST A BOOKING WITH THIS HOTEL TO BE HONOURED.

1  Thank jaxvint62
Reviewed August 18, 2008

Do not make a reservation with this hotel. The owner of this hotel is dishonest. He damaged my car parking and did not even apologize. When I made a reservation, he promised a parking space but when I get there the hotel did not even have a room for us. We had to stay a hotel next door (which was a equally horrible hotel) for the 1st night since there was not a room reserved for us at this hotel. When we moved to this hotel on the 2nd night, the bathtub was clogged and the room was dirty. The owner gave out my private information including my credit card numbers to the other hotel without my authorization. When I complained about it, he was mad at me and so rude. Altogether, it was terrible experience I've ever had. I hope that no one made mistake making reservation with this hotel. It will ruin your trip. Avoid this hotel and the hotel next door at all cost.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank gia5
Reviewed May 24, 2008

Excellent value for money.
Rooms are quite basic with the bathroom in need of renovation however very clean. Staff are very friendly and breakfast is good.
About 10 mins walk from the Promenade.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)