“Enjoyable lunch”
Review of Le Tire bouchon

Le Tire bouchon
Reserve with
Le Tire bouchon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #110 of 1,925 Restaurants in Nice
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town / Vieux Nice
Vancouver, Canada
“Enjoyable lunch”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We had been wandering around Nice old town, looking at menus. This place caught our attention so we decided to come back two days later for lunch. We had the 19.50euro three course lunch and treated ourselves to a bottle of Cotes du Rhone. Good food and good value and an attractive little place. Service was attentive and friendly. We wanted to relax and take our time and did not get rushed. Best of the menu was the veal carpaccio, the duck confit and the poached pear but all of it was good. A happy choice.

• Korean first
Dublin. Ireland
“Tight as a Cork Screw (Tire Bouchon)”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Very nice Restaurant, very friendly staff. Cute and tight in keeping ewith the name.
Food delightful, very french and not too expensive. Nice place for a treat.

Visited October 2012
Strasbourg, France
“Good (but not exceptional) food and slightly too expensive wine”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

One night it was absolutely pouring when we got back from our day trip and out of the need to not be in the pouring rain, we stopped by the first decent looking restaruant we found. They prominently display a 4 dot rating from tripadvisor (lies I see now), and although we'd been disappointed by the 4 dot from the Taca d'Oli, we went for it. We arrived around 720, the place was completely empty, dinner seems to be more around 8:30pm here for the most part.

The front dining room was full of reservations, but they have another larger room around the corner / back of the building where we were sent for a table. Admittedly, it didn't seem like particularly niçoise food, more like general French food. I started with French onion soup, which I didn't need to get since I was completely too full with that plus a plat. The bf got the cassoulet, which was a ton of food, and although he is a hearty eater, he couldn't quite get through it. I had the ravioli, more than enough food and pretty good.

The meals were reasonably priced, the atmosphere was nothing special, my main problem is the lack of options for more reasonable wine, there was no house wine on the menu, perhaps we should have asked, but at the time I figured that meant no 50 cl or bigger pitcher(sp). We ended up with a bottle for 24 euros, which was one of the cheapest ones, and I think it was just too over priced when there are usually relatively cheaper options available, eg house wine.

Also, we asked if there was a menu or formula, and now I see (checking out their website) that is advertized online but we were told there wasn't one, maybe there's only one at midi. If you really want to try this place, maybe go for the plat du jour at midi which was ~10 euros, probably a good choice. Overall, it would have been better to go with a more Nice or Mediterranean themed restaurant, that was where we had the best meals on our trip for sure.

• Visited February 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Great food, exceptional service”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We visited Le Tire Bouchon twice during our trip to Nice. On both occasions, the food was very good but the service was exceptional. In particular, we arrived as a party of six without a booking at 9.30 on a saturday night: although they were full, the Owner quickly improvised and re-arranged the furniture to give us a table outside.

Altough the menu is not large, everything is good .... I would particularly recommend the salmon.

London
“Do not forget the Corkscrew.”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Wandering in the old town I chose this restaurant on my first night in Nice ,I came across a restaurant that reminded me of the one thing I never forget to take on holiday. I was pleasantly surprised to find gesier salad on the menu. The waitresses were very attentive and approved my choice of Cassoulet and Madiran wine. The salad was well composed, but I thought the Cassoulet could have had more body, perhaps if I had eaten later it would have mingled more. With a Cafe Gourmand and Armagnac to finish it almost felt I was in south west France.
A little pricey I would eat here again I thought it was close to being very good.