“just go for the "gnocchis aux truffes" & the tiramisu”
Review of La Petite Maison

La Petite Maison
Ranked #739 of 1,907 Restaurants in Nice
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town / Vieux Nice
Aix-en-Provence, France
“just go for the "gnocchis aux truffes" & the tiramisu”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

being a local and a regular I admit I benefit from an unusually kind service from Nicole and her staff .. but admittedly, I only go there for my dose of gnocchis aux truffes and for the tiramisu that are to die for .. and only for lunch time on weekdays because friday and saturday nights are unbearably full of show-offs and wannabees
there are many great restaurants in Nice ... if you're only here for a couple of days, it's definitely not the one to select

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank business_nomadNice

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Service quality is poor for a overvalued price!”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Service quality is poor for a overvalued price! good food is not enough to justify the poor quality of service and lack of empathy of the owner

4 Thank Sakamurabo
“Only go if you are with a Frenchman...”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Reviews about service are 100% accurate. If you are with a native French speaker then I highly recommend this restaurant as the food was magnificent. If not, don't bother as you won't enjoy your evening. The "Best of the South" starter to share was great. It was quite an expensive meal although we thoroughly enjoyed he food. We were lucky to have avoided the wicked witch who owns the restaurant.

3 Thank Retired_at_30
Belmont, Massachusetts
“My best experience in Nice”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My birthday dinner and it was memorable!!! The best salade Nicoise I have ever eaten. The waiter was so sweet and it was a very big birthday. He offered me a glass of champagne and I couldn't help crying!!!

Visited October 2012
Helsinki, Finland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Reason why it keeps the quality”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

A top people in my country recommended La Petite Maison so we looked for the reviews that were completely at both ends of the scale which actually made it more interesting place to visit. We luckily got a table and just came back from eating at La Petite Maison and i can see why it keeps it high quality and popularity for over a decade. It is not for everyone and i know it is wrong to categorize customers but probably just because of that it is so popular. They clearly do favours for regulars and like high end customers better than tourists. Well, that is why we liked it even better than the normal "high quality tourist restaurants" where in the end there are only people on business trips or American and Asian families, and eventually it is like any other restaurant. I thought PM had kept its unique atmosphere, and the main lady was surely not what you expect to see in normal restaurants but that is one reason why this one has that special taste. Most of all, having eaten most of the European top restaurants the food here was just amazing, every dish was super, and we got a very good service too... actually we were too full after all the great dishes so that we didnt feel like dessert, but they brought a great tiramisu for free anyway. So read both the good and bad reviews and you will understand the place better when you get there. We got a day before at a highly recommended restaurant a dinner with wines at 120 eur and paid now 170 eur. We would have rather paid much more for this experience and food than any of the bit cheaper top restaurants we visited at Nice. I am not sure if the place would like it to be recommended here in tourist trip sights but the food was just too good not to be given a good word.

• Visited October 2012