“Food: good/service:terrible "Have a Nice day!"”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Adonis - CLOSED

Adonis
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Valbonne, France
“Food: good/service:terrible "Have a Nice day!"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2011

The terrace was buzzing with customers but due to the heat, we wanted to sit indoors under the A/C...frown from manager.
I am familiar with Lebanese cuisine and without wanting to make a song or dance about it I asked whether it would be possible to exchange the "felafel" on the "Adonis Vegetarian dish " for something else...I don't like felafel . The waiter said he had to ask the "chef" and the manager came charging up to me already rilled up..."What is it you want? The place is full,we can't go round changing these pre prepared dish..."
"Ok! Stop! " I had to say just to get a word in,obviously a simple no would have sufficed and not an entite rant...all for a handful of felafel. My advice to you: order a la carte, know your lebanese food and all will go swimmingly...try to deviate from the menu's path...and your on your own kid!
My partner ordered the chicken shawarma plate and was very happy, I ordered a plate a small mix of mezze that I chose and enjoyed it immensely. The manager tried to redeem himself with some light banter but I had dismissed him from my mind. The baklava was ...ok , stick to the fresh made desserts of the day and drink it with some fresh mint tea. This is the second time we go and the second time I have had an issue with the service...Up to you.

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank IntrepidTraveller06

Arlington, Massachusetts
“Hidden gem in the heart of Old Nice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

With so many restaurants to choose from along the Cours Saleya in Vieux Nice, it's hard to know which to choose for a meal. We are SO glad that we tried Adonis--the decor was beautiful, the restaurant was immaculately clean, and the food was a refreshing change from the typical cafe fare we had been living on while traveling through France. We ordered a variety of mezzas (appetizers) to share, and it was a satisfying and tasty meal. We loved the kebbe, falafel, baba ganoush and fresh hummus, all served with delicious pita. The service was quite slow (there seemed to be 1 waiter on for the whole dining room), but we were happy to enjoy a leisurely meal, so it was no problem. This is a great choice if you're in the mood for something different and delicious!

• Visited June 2011
Edinburgh
“Good Food - shame about the service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2010

Really enjoyed the food here - authentic Lebanese. Kebabs were excellent - meat really juicy and tender. Service was so appalling it was actually funny - we seemed to get the Lebanese/French version of Basil Fawlty, while other staff seemed friendly and helpful. Belly dancer was very sweet - appreciated by my husband but 2 teenage sons found it all too embarassing!

Miami, Florida
“Great Lebanese Food in the heart of Cours Saleya”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2010

We were looking for a restaurant that stood out from the dozens of cafes along the marketplace. We stopped here due to its clean, fresh exterior and reasonable prices. We ordered various mezzas (appetizers) for lunch to sample a large number of dishes that were all in the 6-7 euro range. We ordered tabbouli, baba ghannouje, hummos with shawarma, and sujok (a spiced sausage). The dishes were all good size, fresh, and most importantly very tasty. They bring you unlimited lebanese bread to eat with the dishes as well as green olives. Service was outstanding and unrushed. All in all, this is a great place to go for lunch and it appears to be well situated for the nightlife as well. Highly recommended.

Silicon Valley
“Very good Lebanese restaurant in Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2010

Really enjoyed a nice dinner at Adonis in Old Town of Nice. Nice ambience, friendly service, and great Lebanese food. I tried the falafel, combo kebabs, and their combo dessert with lebanese coffee. Everything was great. I would definitely come back next time I'm in Nice.

1 Thank jusmagk