“Giant pudding!”
Review of La Favola

La Favola
Ranked #98 of 1,983 Restaurants in Nice
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ideally situated between the Cours Saleya, La Favola faces our restaurant La Voglia. The terrace, sunny in both summer and winter, offers you a modern and agreeable setting. A restaurant of character with a warm ambiance, where "David" is the master of the place. La Favola enjoys the benefit of an exemplary and dynamique service with the assurance of a pleasurable taste. The chef pr The chef prepares Italian cuisine with an imprint of authenticity and modernity, generous, simple and refined. Guests can enjoy dishes such as novel dishes such as pasta salad, fritto misto, mozzarella and vegetables, and such as buffalo mozzarella pizza. We also invite you to taste the exceptional desserts that is the hallmark of our restaurant : giant profiteroles and creme caramel, as well as the tronchetto with nutella. We welcome you every day of the year.
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The seafood spaghetti was fabulous, full of mussels, cockles, squid and so so tasty. The problem was the pudding. All the choices on the sweet menu are 8 Euros, so a bit difficult to differentiate. I'm thinking exquisite taste at 8 Euros. I ordered the crime caramel in halting and poor French. (The main menu was in English) I was looking forward to a smallish pot of wonderful sweet. It was in fact the size of a bucket, utterly gross. I hadn't translated geant as giant. And boy was it giant! It sat there feeling deeply embarrased at this huge quivering thing in front of me. I paid and left.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,891)

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Wonderful location on Cours Saleya. The food is really good, but the selection is limited. Portions are unnecessarily huge. It's a very popular restaurant so service was slow on our visit. We got a table straight away at about 7.20 p.m. and a 8p.m. the place was packed and people waited in a long line for a table. Would definitely go back!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Good italian restaurant in the old town close to the beach. Good service and not too expensive. Nice atmosphere, good wine.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Decided to try the La Favola which I realized after I sat down is the sister restaurant of La Voglia. Service was good, had to wait 15-20 minutes, it was Saturday night 8:30 PM or so. Ingredients were fresh, pasta was al dente, big portion, I wish though there was a bit more of spiciness and flavor in the sauce. I will probably return as it is a good option to share food with friends considering the huge portions and clean ingredients.

1  Thank Nacho_A
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I ate here alone one night, and expected to need a starter as well as a main course plus a side dish. In reality this was enough food for three people- enormous portions, really huge. My salad starter was fine , but the seafood risotto was really fabulous... A vast amount of mussels, squid, clams and shrimp, and a delicious sauce. I could not finish it or a side of vegetables. The only quibble I would have was the service...which was attentive but a little distracted. I also learnt that if you ask for vegetables to be "sans beurre" you will get them "avec guile".,,, overall I really enjoyed the meal. I would definitely bring my family with me the next time.