“Great Christmas night dinner”
Review of La Voglia

La Voglia
Ranked #103 of 1,964 Restaurants in Nice
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At the entrance of the flower market, La Voglia is a restaurant of contemporary Italian cuisine. A cozy place with its high ceiling and mezzanine. Be guided at the entrance of the restaurant with the presentation of antipasti, pizza oven and attractive and varied menu. Delicious dishes to savor with your eyes closed. We offer different specialties such as tronchetto, the Schiacciata and the fresh Linguine aux Vongole ! After 10 years, La Voglia is a concentration of expertise, pleasures and tastes of its clientele. From the terrace of La Voglia, you will be caught in the ambiance of the Nice Opera and the effervescence of the Cours Saleya.
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Unlike most of the UK on the night of 25 December where everything is closed, French city centres are full of life, with plenty of restaurants open. One such place is La Voglia. We stopped there by chance and although it was busy we were quickly found a table. Maybe we were just lucky or those who've submitted negative views were unlucky, but we couldn't fault the food or the service. The former was excellent and the latter attentive and courteous. We had to wait a while for our main course, but, hey, it was because the food was freshly cooked. Would definitely go back.. A final thought. La Voglia did not have any of those annoying touts who try to attract customers in popular areas of many continental cities, but in our case only succeed in making us vow never,ever to set foot in their establishment. If only they realised that touting actually loses potential customers.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Convenient location on Cour Saleya in the old city serving Italian dishes. Very fast service and big portions, somewhat unusual in France. I had the gnocchi with four cheeses, which was very good, and very filling.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

this is the first restaurant me and my GF went in Nice, we would never expect the portion of the food is that big....you may not believe me but I am a 6ft guy and you can imagine i can actually eat a lot, but I can barely finish my only 2 course dinner....

the taste is good and size is very generous...the dessert will amaze you

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We couldn't fault this place. We came in here twice during our stay in Nice, we liked it so much. Their signature dish, baked rigatoni in delicious meat sauce was so good,nice and cheesy, we had to order it again the second time we went there. We also had dishes of the day, first time it was a lobster pasta, fantastic! The second time it was fish and muscles with boiled vegies and a home made aioli sauce, yum yum yum. It was really good, servings were huge, we had trouble finishing. I wish I was longer in Nice to try their pizzas, they looked really good.

For dessert I had a panna cotta in caramel sauce. Seriously, the best panna cotta I've had in my life. The consistency was perfect. It was jiggling nicely, and the serving size again was quite generous.

The service was also great. The waiters were very friendly, and even joked a little bit. It was a pleasant experience.

I totally recommend you visit this restaurant when in Nice.

Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Got a recommendation from my uncle to go there for pizza. I was not dissapionted! Their pizza is soooo good, best pizza ever!!! Go there now:)