“Very good restaurant”

La Voglia
Ranked #210 of 2,051 Restaurants in Nice
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Description: At the entrance of the flower market, La Voglia is a restaurant of contemporary Italian cuisine. A cozy place with its high ceiling and mezzanine. Be guided at the entrance of the restaurant with the presentation of antipasti, pizza oven and attractive and varied menu. Delicious dishes to savor with your eyes closed. We offer different specialties such as tronchetto, the Schiacciata and the fresh Linguine aux Vongole ! After 10 years, La Voglia is a concentration of expertise, pleasures and tastes of its clientele. From the terrace of La Voglia, you will be caught in the ambiance of the Nice Opera and the effervescence of the Cours Saleya.
Reviewed December 15, 2012

The restaurant offers a very good service based on quality and speed.
I went last night with my girlfriend and we had a very pleasant dinner.
The waiters don't slow down,but even so they are still able to provide a very good service (in french standards).
I ate a pizza and my gf pasta. As her dish came first and my pizza was running late(3 min) I was offered a starter for free;)very nice touch and it was tastefully.
The dishes come in large quantities, but the qualitity it's definitely there, so from my experience, one of the best places where your money can buy a decent amount of quality food in Nice.

I highly recomend it, although it can be hard to find a table, in the summer try to arrive a little bit in advance to catch a table quickly.

Best Regards

Write a ReviewReviews (2,823)

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have had many meals at La Voglia and none as disappointed. Always worth having the dish of the day which is often fish and is excellent value. Last week I had a great monkfish main for 12 euros and have had tagliatelli with half a lobster for 12 euros too. Always packed, especially in summer, lots of locals. The antipasto at 16 euros is a large main course and highly recommended. Never had time for a starter or dessert. Fast service.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

We ate here twice during our stay in Nice. It is one of those restaurants by the flower market in the old town which has a kind of plastic heated tent enclosure erected outside. These places all seem to allow smoking (in fact you would think it compulsory), so you have to take a really deep breath to make it through to the smoke free interior. The first thing you see on the inside is a really delicious looking array of antipasti. The first time we went I ordered a pasta dish with porcini mushrooms. The plate which arrived was an enormous bowl which could have fed four people. I normally don't like large portions, preferring instead to have a couple of courses, but in this case it was absolutely delicious and I happily devoured the lot. The second time I had a pizza. It was at a very busy time and what struck me was that the waiter was charging round at breakneck speed, to the extent that I thought he must be on one of those drugs normally reserved for Tour de France cyclists. Having said that, at the times when he had to slow down, such as when a customer was tasting a bottle of wine, he was a model of patience, before speeding off once again. The pizza was very good, and overall a good choice of restaurant.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Had a great meal here. The portions are massive but more importantly, are really top quality.
We arrived late in the evening and there were not many restaurants still open. My wife has a gluten allergy so Pizza and Pasta are no good for her but she had the plate of Antipasti as a main meal which was a fantastic mix that she was able to choose herself.
Staff were really friendly and it was a nice atmosphere.

Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

I had an excellent gnocchi aux quatre fromages that I struggled to finish, which is rare! Service was very friendly and there was a wide range on the menu. The prices aren't amazing value but for what you get I think they're fairly reasonable: pizza/pasta mostly in a €12-€17 range. Would come back and would also recommend. But make sure you're hungry!