“Not bad but not amazing”
Review of Lou Colonial

Lou Colonial
Ranked #50 of 2,000 Restaurants in Nice
Cuisines: French, Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2016

Came here on the strength of the reviews, and I had not had a good pad thai in years.

Tried the pad thai but what I got was certainly not a pad thai by definition. It was tasty, dont get me wrong, but tasted like a stir fry with massaman type curry spice, not anywhere near a pad thai.

I enjoyed it, but was not what I wanted.

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank eugeneyuriz
Write a reviewReviews (698)

Reviewed July 17, 2016 via mobile

If your an avid fan of Asian food do not expect to be wowed.

We started off trying some of the Asian beer they have on offer which was good. The service is friendly and quick.

As for the food... the only part of the meal I enjoyed was the starter salad. The "spring rolls" are nothing like I have tasted before and not in a good way. A thick pastry instead of the thin pastry you would traditionally expect and who knows what meat. Very bland, I only consumed one. The dipping sauce it's paired with also as practically no taste/flavour. Typically spring rolls are one of my favourite Thai starter dishes not here would not recommend them at all.

My husband and I shared a main from the chefs recommended menu. Pad tai, this meal was extremely peanut buttery. Not bad but not good either.

For the prices you pay I would expect better quality food and more Asian vegetables in the mix.

Unfortunately I would not recommend this place to a person who really likes Asian food and am surprised at the high rating on trip advisor.

Service was very good and friendly, but won't be back.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank TheTwoReinecks
Reviewed July 16, 2016 via mobile

On trip advisor, we chose this restaurant for lunches had lunch at 12:30. No one is there. We sat outside. The weather was perfect. The food, was fantastic. People started to show up to finally fill the place. The owner was very friendly .
Hope you get to try it.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed June 29, 2016

We were nervous about eating chinese food in France, but we were over baguettes. Give it a try- it's awesome! We got dumplings and delicious egg rolls as an appetizer, and their pad thai is amazing. It's relatively small and family owned, but they have delicious food and great customer service!

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed June 23, 2016 via mobile

Delicious - all four of us really enjoyed our meals. Fusion of Asian and French. Friendly staff and reasonably priced! What's more to want.

Date of visit: June 2016