Villa Kilauea B&B
$191
$181
Travelocity
  • Pool
La Villa Nice Victor Hugo(Nice)(Great Value!)
$303
$288
Orbitz.com
  • Bar/Lounge
$382
$325
  • Pool
All reviewsgreat hostsorchid suiteshort drivepool terracecote d'azurour honeymooneasy accesscroissantsnathaliebreebuseze
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Nathalie and Gerard are the prefect hosts!! My husband and I stayed at Villa Kilauea for 4 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.We stayed in the rose room, very clean and nicely decorated. I loved the complimentary fragonard products in the bathroom. We had breakfast every day while we stayed there and loved it. Nathalie would help us out with the day's trip. She even made restaurant recommendations and reservations for us. Her suggestions were excellent!! We helped us with driving directions and other sightseeing as well. Highly recommend this place if you looking for a place to stay in nice!!! Thanks Nathalie & gerard!!

-Shilpa & Ankit

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shilpa85
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We have stayed 3 nights in Room Jasmin. The room is not very big but I understand it has been recently renovated and looks very clean and modern. The bathroom size is good with a good shower. There is a lounge chair and table just outside your room on the deck shared with the next room. The property is lovely with a great infinity pool and sun deck chairs looking into the nearby hills and mountains and the lovely church of Saint Roman de Bellet.

You have to understand this B&B is about 15 minutes drive from Nice Promenade des Anglais. The drive into the hill can be interesting as it is narrow at some points with cars driving fairly fast especially at night. However, you will be rewarded when you return back to Villa Kilauea because it is an absolutely tranquil place. Private parking is available on premise.

The decision to stay in Nice center or to stay outside of Nice center should be quite an easy one. If you rent a car, it will be quite difficult to find parking in Nice. Or you need to use one of many underground parking in Nice but they are quite expensive. Since you have a car already, there really shouldn't be a problem driving a bit further out to stay and away from the Nice center busy streets. Unless you are looking for a hotel with a sea view...

Nathalie and Gérard are both great hosts. This is their home and they live here as well; therefore, you feel like being one of their guests. They are always helpful and ready to answer any questions you may have. Of course many have noted their dog Bree who is always ready to entertain during breakfast or their cat as well which you may or may not see.

I have made the right decision to stay in Villa Kilauea. I did not spend to much time in Nice center so this is the perfect base for me. I did spend more dinner in Nice center but with its close proximity, it is no problem. The only down side is proper the drive up to the hill. It is not the time it takes (~15mins) but as mentioned, the narrow roads and the fast cars. Then again, we are in the Cote D'Azur!

A tip is to use the direction they gave you to Villa Kilauea. It is located on a small road and your SatNav might not show you the proper way. Use their direction in conjunction with your SatNav to save you time and for the best route.

I will not hesitate at all to recommend this B&B given you understand what you want and for me I will come back to stay in a heart beat next time in Cote D'Azur. Hopefully sooner than later!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We have just returned from our 4th stay at Villa Kilauea. This year Nathalie and Gerard redecorated the rooms (very tastefully) and, as ever, added an extra little touch here and there to make our stay as near perfect as is humanly possible. Their willingness to help you enjoy their home, region and cuisine to the full with excellent advice is beyond price. This time my daughter and I had promised ourselves a very lazy first week without a car, but the bus service into Nice was more than adequate to satisfy a teenager's desire to hit the shops as soon as the summer sales started and for me to visit a few of the Matisse exhibitions, when we weren't both eating at one or another of the restaurants they had recommended and, very kindly booked for us. As ever, our evenings eating on the terrace by the pool were sheer bliss. Cherry on the cake was my husband finally being able to join us and celebrate daughter's 16th birthday with a wonderful "apéritif" and patisseries as the sun went down on our last evening. Yet again, I simply cannot recommend Villa Kilauea too highly and can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Since there are 3 of us, we always book the Lavender room which does not look out onto the pool and breathtaking view but which is larger and has a very private terrace space. The other two rooms are, however, both stunningly furnished and equipped. As there are never more than 6-8 guests maximum, whichever room you book you can be assured of a relaxing stay.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ulysse_10
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This is a charming and well appointed luxury B&B and we could have not have hoped for more welcoming hosts nor a more beautiful setting.
It is a good base for exploring the surrounding countryside and seaside towns - Nice is 20-25minutes away - but a car is essential here as there are no bars or restaurants within walking distance.
There is a convenient "home deliver/order in" place for salads, wine and pizza which was very good value and we got to eat on the terrace looking out on the sunset.
The setting is so lovely we fond it difficult to tear ourselves away from the infinity pool and go anywhere!
Our room"Jasmine" was aptly named as the front was covered in the fragrant blooms and there was a huge bank of lavender nearby. The bed was big and comfy and the shower room quite spacious and very clean.
I've got no hesitation about recommending this place for a peaceful and beautiful break.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful stay at the Villa Kilauea. We felt a deep peace and relaxation the moment we stepped into this beautiful, serene setting. We felt very cared for by Nathalie and Gerard, who are incredibly great people who always went the extra length to make our stay as nice and comfortable as possible. We have stayed at quite a few B&Bs and this one was absolutely one of the very best we have ever experienced, both in terms of the beauty and peacefulness of the place and surroundings and the warmth and caring of our hosts, Nathalie and Gerard.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Rose room, which was lovely.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple