“Delicious Indian food in the Vieille Ville”
Review of le Delhi Belhi

le Delhi Belhi
Ranked #266 of 2,028 Restaurants in Nice
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The place might be a little hard to find for some, but it is just off of the Cours Saleya, in a cute little side street. Make sure you sit outside on a nice night. The service was outstanding. All the servers were very friendly and spoke very good English. The samosa was one of the best I've had, and the Delhi Belhi lamb was delicious with some naan and a mango lassi. Don't miss it when in Nice!

3  Thank stevenandrophy

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I went with my wife and daughter to this restaurant after taking all the effort to find it.
After going there there were nearly 4 table outside were empty and when I asked the owner can I get the place he said can you take inside .
But as I was with my daughter and inside it was quite congested I said can I have it outside ? Suddenly the owner started I want to earn money I know which places are empty and all other things.Please take note of this restaurants where the management cannot talk in good way with the customers...

1  Thank Anaredi
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We looked for an Indian restaurant on Tripadvisor and was pointed to this tiny restaurant in Old Nice (Ville Villae). Its a little hard to find between two main streets in the old nice market but if you ask any one for directions they would lovingly point you to the restaurant.
The ambiance is very good and gives an Indian earthy feeling with bollywood music playing.
Food is awesome best we had in our visit to France and Switzerland.
We ordered yellow dal and baingan bharta along with stuffed naan and mattha.
The food and the quantity was very good and going by prices in France was priced average.
A must visit in Nice.

1  Thank manishmittal9
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We walked into this restaurant after seeing it on the "NICE code" booklet, decently presented. We arrived at the address, what seems to be some dirty, dark and busy backstreet. We thought the restaurant could be exception since it is on the tourist booklet and gave a try. It was a wrong decision though. The food didn't promise too much of authentic indian taste, meals were served too fast we felt the food was cooked way before ordered and taste not fresh. Prawn curry was served at a very stingy portion and in my opinion it is overpriced!

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went there a little wary, but were totally blown away by the quality and taste of the food, so much so we went back the next night. The owners are very nice friendly people and do their upmost to ensure you are happy. The food is far superior to the standard curry shop fare in Scotland. A little hard to find but a true Jewel in the crown.