“Cocy”

Ranked #120 of 205 Hotels in Nice
Lodz, Poland
“Cocy”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I spend 3 days in a hotel and i was quite surprised with service, very nice staff and nice decorating rooms because in france very often this kind of small hotels are not too interesting. Position no 1 in the heart of piedestral area. I will come back one day..

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Maria H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 22, 2013

my husband, friend, and i stayed in the hotel in early september for two nights. the location is very easy to either the airport or the central train station (we caught a cab from there when we arrived, but you could take a bit of a longer walk if your luggage is light. this is not your typical hotel - a series of rooms with a small reception area. it is several flights of stairs up, so be prepared for that. i thought the room was very nicely done - light, just big enough, and comfortable. the location is really great, only a couple blocks from the beach. my only warning would be to remember the door code, and remember your key - don't count on someone being there to let you in! but for the price, ambiance, and cleanliness, i would absolutely recommend it!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank may14207
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

First off, we read some harsh reviews about room 5 and the hotel being just a row of rooms.
We were given room 5, and it was great! Amenities like shampoo and soap, super hot water, fairly large room with a balcony large enough for 2 to sit on, overlooking Rue de Paradis!

That was about it.

We arrived at 8pm.

No door code to get in from the street. We were locked out of the building, No where to go.

Someone who lives below the hotel, saw us and let us in.

We marched up 4 flights of stairs to the hotel, locked out, no door code. Stuck in a stairwell that has automatic lights that shut off after 30 seconds (no way to turn them back on).

After knocking for awhile in a dark stairwell, a guest heard us and came to let us in.

Now we are in the lobby, No staff, No room, locked out a 3rd time. We saw an emergency number on the desk and called it, they said room 5 was unlocked and that the key was in there.

That was our check in, and we never once saw staff. It's just a block of rooms on a floor.

This was a horrifying experience and they need to acknowledge the problem that there is no one around to help. Arriving in a foreign country being locked out is horrifying, who knows when you'll get in.

Please fix. This was truly upsetting. Giving 1 star because I have to, and the room was fairly nice and clean.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank bradk_1749
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Though advertised as a hotel this is literally a hallway with 7 rooms. There is no reception, no lobby, no nothing. Normally renting a room is fine with me but the check in process was absurd. I arrived at 8 pm ( in my booking I even noted this is when I would be arriving), and looked for a buzzer outside. There was none. Thankfully a man was leaving and he let us in. We trekked the 5 flights up to find yet another door that was locked. After banging on the door for 5 minutes some poor man let us in. No one was on the floor to greet us but we saw an emergency phone we could use. I called the number and a very rude man on the phone asked me what I wanted. I said I was checking in and he said "oh there is no reception." At that point I said I don't care I just want the room I paid for and he started yelling things about room five like I knew I was supposed to go there. Service here is HORRIBLE. If you are going to rent a room this is your place, but don't expect anything more than a room.

The room itself is pretty nice and large for European standards. The bathroom though is so small my 6"3 boyfriend literally couldn't fit. I didn't have a problem but if you are tall watch out. There is a small balcony and wardrobe. Oh there is wifi for only one device which I thought was weird as well.

BE WARNED: this place is the noisiest hotel I have ever stayed in. You can hear everything. When I say everything I mean it. I could hear the people talking next door. If someone leaves you hear it, if they come in you hear it. Any car, someone walking, there is no insulation. If someone is making a noise you hear it. I got no sleep both nights I stayed.

Oh and they overcharged my credit card!!

AVOID THIS "HOTEL"

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Ali M
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Location of the hotel is fantastic. Very central (10mins from Old Nice, 5mins from the beach and 20mins from the train station) in a very safe place, in the same street with Chanel, Louis Vuitton and high end brands (it's actually right above Bally).
Hotel itself:
1. Getting in might be a bit hard, make sure to notify staff when you arrive or else opening the door will be difficult because you need a passcode (had to help a family enter and then they proceeded to call the owners from the reception).
2. Minimum contact with reception (mainly check in and check out and then helping me carry my massive suitcase). When there was, it was very friendly and good.
3. Hotel is several flights of stairs up. If you don't want to do the walk don't stay here (I don't suggest this for elderly or disabled people, I myself reasonably fit but after buy brand new huge suitcase found it a tad difficult too, but if carrying nothing was totally fine.)
4. My room was room 1. Door right the reception (didn't mind since I am a heavy sleeper and didn't stay in my room much but to sleep. However, there was the leaky AC which made the door a bit hard to open (swell the floorboards?), I was notified but couldn't careless to switch rooms since it didn't make any dripping noise. Decent size for one person, and very clean (if we ignore the AC) and within a university student budget who did not want to stay in a hostel. Bathroom was nice and clean too (small, but enough for 1 person).

In short, felt like having your own French apartment instead of a hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Karen C
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The location is the best thing about Le Petit Trianon, about a 15-20 minute walk from the train station, and very close to the waterfront and the old quarter. As many others have said, it's a long climb up to the rooms, so if that's an issue for you, it might not be a good place to stay. We had a standard double room which was very basic and small with a very small bathroom. The thin curtains let in a lot of light at night. There was A/C and also a laptop provided in the room. The room was overpriced for what it was - we paid more there than anywhere we stayed in Provence for much less quality - but as Nice is very expensive, it proved to be an OK option.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is almost an automated hotel in the manner that the staff check you in but other than this contact, you can go without seeing anyone. That in itself is not a problem, it's just different to a typical hotel so it might be beneficial for them to mention this on the website to manage expectation. Your room is still serviced every day.

1) Location - awesome, 8mins from the Old town (for the market, restaurants) 15mins-ish to the train station (Monaco, Menton, Cannes...Italy!) 5minutes to the Promenade des Anglais & beach plus it's in the heart of Massena Place which is full of activity, but still quiet enough so as to not disturb you sleeping!

2) Price - for the location, I was stunned at the £85pn price - really good

3) Small yet perfect rooms - you're in the middle of a French city, you can't expect a house. The rooms were well equipped (inclusive laptop is very handy) and the bedding & towels were all lovely & clean, not forgetting the small yet perfectly manicured bathroom

4) Stairs - yes, there are 4-5 flights of stairs to walk up, this isn't a big deal. Just climb them.

We stayed for 5 nights here and loved the place, great location and very French! We had a balcony room which was great to sit out on at any time, the room was small but I expected it to be given the facts.

However if I was travelling alone, I personally might want a little more atmosphere than le Petit Trianon could offer...but there's plenty of this outside the front door.

Room Tip: Balcony added extra space!