We stayed here during our honeymoon last July. We found the modern styling of the hotel and large deluxe room exactly to our taste. The location is also excellent; we found it to be very quiet at night (unlike many hotels on the main promenade) and close to the town centre. The beach is a 10-15 minute walk.
The hotel has a nice bar/garden out the front – perfect for a drink after dinner. We found the bar staff efficient and friendly.
That said; the hotel management need to pay more attention to detail as the service can be quite inconsistent as detailed below.
The hotel has a spa (pool, sauna etc) under the hotel (in a basement) which we made use of several times. The pool is pleasant but very dark, giving it a rather creepy feel – you couldn’t spend hours relaxing down there without having nightmares. The sauna was good as was the complimentary mint tea. However, the steam room was uninhabitable due to an overpowering smell of mould. Likewise the door leading from the pool to the spa was half rotten and badly in need of replacing (as other reviewers have noted).
The room was very clean, except the rose-shaped door handles which were covered in black dust. There was a large bath tub/shower in the middle of the room (with curtains for privacy if needed) which we loved. That said, the plug was missing upon arrival and we had to request a new one.
On some evenings we returned to chocolates and a weather forecast on the bed – others we did not. Another example of inconsistency which some Daily Mail reading guests may find unacceptable (we are pretty relaxed about it).
A note to honeymooners – despite the manager’s promises on previous reviews, we did not receive any champagne or even a “congratulations” upon check-in even though “honeymoon” was cleared marked on our reservation. Again, this didn’t bother us; however it is wrong of them to lie on TripAdvisor in suggesting it is standard practice as it will upset some guests.
Would we stay here again?: Yes…I think.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience elegant luxury in the French Riviera at the Boscolo Exedra Nice, Autograph Collection. Our boutique hotel features an ideal location just minutes from the Promenade des Anglais, Old Town and some of the town's most pristine beaches. With our splendid amenities, signature spa and on-site Italian restaurant, we ensure an unforgettable stay in Nice, France. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Marriott, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Boscolo Exedra Nice, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boscolo Exedra Nice Hotel Nice
- Boscolo Exedra Hotel Nice
- Nice Boscolo Exedra Hotel