“Tres bon!”

HANgout Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 1,947 Restaurants in Nice
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Gastronomic cuisine revisited by Takayuki Kamiya from japan, modern and sleek simple decor
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Fantastic food. Great staff, really relaxed and friendly. Definitely an excuse to return to Nice again!

There are newer reviews for HANgout Restaurant

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We had a wonderful lunch here today; the best meal of the week. Beautifully cooked, high-quality fresh ingredients, and full of flavour. French food with a modern Asian twist. Very friendly (we have three young kids and they all enjoyed it here, whereas some other places have been too formal for them). Go.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

This was our second trip to Nice and on the previous occasion we unfortunately did not have enough time to get to as many proper restaurants as we would have liked. This time I was determined that we'd eat as well as we could and so armed with some fairly positive reviews for HANgout on Tripadvisor we made reservations.

Tucked down a narrow side street just a short walk from the Cathedrale - Vielle Ville tram stop, we found the place easily enough, but it's definitely not somewhere you are going to find unless you are looking. The interior was chic and the greeting friendly. Our waiter for the evening could not have been more helpful with explanations as my French vocabulary was not up to scratch for some of the items on the menu.

We were recommended a very reasonably priced and delicious wine. I had a very colourful Greek salad to start and beef for my main. H had octopus stew in a small pot and sea bass for the main. There was a slight delay with my main, but this is where the good service shines through and I was brought another main to try while I was waiting. Everything was sublime.

We rounded off our meal with some stunning desserts. I had a divine chocolate slice with caramel ice cream and H had the banana tart with vanilla ice cream. We had a wonderful evening and would not hesitate to come back when we are in Nice again.

Our total bill, including wine and sparkling water, came to €94.50.

1  Thank sdublin4
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We nearly didnt make this for dinner as we had to cancel the first evening we reserved. Thank goodness we did! it is not somewhere you will find by accident but wow is it worth it! a choice of five starters to share provided fois gras, venison pate, octopus in a little potato, garlic and parsely stew, parma ham bruschetta and some mixed unusual vegetables. what a great start. Follow this with succulent duck and beef with an unusual array of vegetables - fabulous. A special note to make as I was looking to choose some red wine and it was a special occasion and they had a bottle of gevry chamberton my husbands favourite! It was 90 euros so a lot of money - the joint owner who is head waiter as well recommended a rhone at a much lower price saying it would be a much better wine!!! he used to be a somelier. Overall a very reasonable 134 euros with two bottles of wine. My overriding comment is that the passion of the two owners really comes through in the food, the service and the friendliness. Dont miss it!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Friendly welcome and helpful staff if you find yourself not understanding some of the less common words on the menu. (Hare or venison for example)

Nice food at reasonable prices.

Worth seeking out.