“Great apartment in good location!”
other travelers have booked this property
View from the main room and the bedroom on Old Town Castle Hill
View from the main room and the bedroom on Old Town Castle Hill Full equipped kitchen ( oven + 3 induction hubs + dishwasher + kettle + coffee maker )
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Full equipped kitchen
Fridge + Freezer + Mocro wave and large table 140x90cm
Full equipped kitchen ( oven + 3 induction hubs )
Main room with his modern and confortable sofa bed
Main room with a desk + large flat TV
Bedroom with a very comfortable bed ( 140 x 190 cm )
Independant lavabo with a sliding door
Independant shower
Washing machine
Main Old Town bordering boulevard with car, bus and tramway access
Main Old Town bordering boulevard with car, bus and tramway access
Water games in the city center green park 'The Coulée Verte ' besides the apartment
Wood games in the city center green park 'The Coulée Verte ' besides the apartment
Place Masséna fountain at night
Water games at night in the city center green park 'The Coulée Verte ' besides the apartment
Place Masséna at night
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
LeonieStr...
Muenster, Germany
“Great apartment in good location!”
Reviewed September 10, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

We had a great holiday in this apartment: the owner Patrick was very friendly, he explained everything we needed to know and gave good advices what you can do in Nizza. The apartment was fully equipped, even with everything you need to wash your clothes or the dishes. If you walk out the door the old town is directly next to the apartment and you also just need to walk 10 minutes to the beach, so you can reach almost everything by foot. You only shouldn't arrive with too heavy baggage because you need to carry it up to the third floor..;-)

Traveling group: Freunden
Friends getaway Families with young children
Nov 5, 2014
Bonjour Elaine
This year I noticed that a lot of Irish families are coming to Nice and I received some of them in my apartment which is great.
It was a real pleasure to receive you and I would like to thanks you for your review which describe very well the area and the apartment. ( in which I tried to do my best to offer the maximum of confort for my renters ).
As you noticed the major points I'm always looking after are :
confortable beds for a good sleep.
Apartment fully equiped to be like home.
Cleanliness.
The tips I gave at your arrival meeting are for me a real pleasure. I just want you to enjoy your holidays and keep the best souvenir of Nice.
If you plan to come back. I'll be very pleased to receive you again.
JP M
Cork, Cork, Ireland
“Perfect for Couple in Nice”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

First off note the five star review --- I usually give four stars or less unless the place is perfect --- however this time I am giving five stars because I had concerns that other bookers might also have and I want to alleviate same.

You can read about these concerns below but I want to state that this was a fantastic apartment and as soon as we arrived we knew everything was going to be OK and I want to tell other's that this agent is trustworthy in our experience. The only actual warning we would give to others would be to note that there is no elevator and older bookers might find the stairs difficult --- we are young so had no such trouble.

The apartment was good-sized and in a perfect, clean condition with all mod cons available (excellent air con) and was as the photos depicted if not nicer. The directions we got to the apartment were very good and understandable (via email).

The agent, Patrick, was there when we arrived and was incredibly helpful. He did a very thorough tour of the apartment and spent the bones of an hour detailing some of the highlights of Nice for us --- he was very, very helpful indeed and it was this time with him that finally alleviated my below concerns. Also he was very prompt and accurate with email communication prior to our stay.

In terms of location you are but a five minute walk through the old town to the beach and right beside the metro. Nice itself was fantastic and as you are right beside the old town you can just walk everywhere!

The wifi worked very well and the shower was nice. We had one problem with the fuse going but Patrick very promptly sorted this out. The apartment was very quiet.

Now I am going to focus on the concerns I had BEFORE I arrived. I am sure that everything I experienced in the booking process was normal for Nice but for me it was a little bit unsettling. Perhaps the way things are being done in Nice is not ideal? I think what unsettled me also was that Patrick APPEARED rude via email. In hindsight I think this is because while Patrick has excellent, fluent English, he is not a native speaker so some of his phrasing via email seemed clumsy at the time. I have since looked back at the emails and he was perfectly polite.

1. Firstly the cleaning situation. When we arrived the apartment was perfectly clean with no dust or mess. In the contract it said that either we cleaned the place ourselves or else pay a fee to the agent to do the cleaning. We decided to do the cleaning ourselves but were afraid that it would not be adequate and we would lose some of our deposit (more on this later). We did a fairly good clean and... well the agent was perfectly happy with our work and we did not lose any of our deposit.

I believe that such an arrangement must be typical of Nice apartments but is not something that we were used to. In my opinion, as long as the apartment is not left in a terrible state, and property isn't damaged, the cost of cleaning should be included in the rental price (so be it if this makes rental more expensive).

Most importantly I want to say to other bookers --- do not be worried, this is clearly not a trap to get more money --- we did a good cleaning and nothing was taken from our deposit.

2. Deposits --- initially we left a standard deposit to secure our booking (absolutely no problem with this). Once we arrived at the apartment this turned into a security deposit in case of damage to the apartment or the property. I was not used to such a set up however I suppose the agent did not have our credit card details...

I want to declare that the deposit was returned very quickly after we left and with absolutely no dispute once the agent saw that we left the apartment in good condition.

3. We had to pay for linen (bed clothes, etc). Now again we believe this must be the typical situation for Nice rentals but again we think it would make more sense if everyone with holiday rentals provides the linen for the stay. Again that is MY opinion and there may well be very good reasons for not doing this.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Air Con, Location, Agent
Liked least: Unfounded feeling of unease about booking details... need more pillows!
Friends getaway Families with young children
Nov 5, 2014
Bonjour JP
First I would like to thanks you to have taken time to write a review. This is always appreciate.
We aren't oblige to have the same way of thinking but your detailled review could help other bookers as you said.
As you noticed I try to do my best during booking procedure, at your arrival, about equipment and cleanliness of the apartment.
You're right I'm not a native speaker so please excuse my english if I don't choose the right word sometimes. But you understood me which is the more important. Be polite is the minimum I can do when you are renting holidays apartment so I hope I don't make too much mistakes in writing english.....
Regarding final cleaning and Linen. Many owners choose this way of doing to give the possibility to those who want to do the final cleaning and to bring their own Linen ( or to order it ).
I know some prefer everything included but this raise up the price proposed. Others prefer to have the choice and save money..... It's the second solution I choosed after more than 20 years of experience. Why ? Just because It offers more possibilities and people are more responsible.
The security deposit paid at booking to secure the booking stay of course a security depuosit in case of damages till the check out.
All the best for you and your familly.
Minismus
“Perfection!”
Reviewed August 2, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

Just returned from the perfect holiday in Nice with my husband and daughter. The apartment was excellent - clean, fully resourced, comfortable beds, pillows, and being in the back of the building it was noise free night and day. The best thing was it's location - when you walk out of the building you are right in the centre of everything - right next door to the old town with its oldy worldy charm, delightful restaurants and quaint shops - directly opposite the apartment is a beautiful green area to walk alone and enjoy the ambience - bakeries, supermarkets and bus stops are a stones throw away.
Patrick is extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the area - all in all I would recommend the apartment

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Aug 23, 2014
Hi Elaine

This year I noticed a lot of Irish famillies were coming to Nice for their holidays. I received some of them in my apartment which is Great.

To receive you was a real pleasure and I would like to thank you for your review which describe very well the area and the apartment. Apartment in which I try to do my best to offer the maximum of confort to my renters.

As you noticed, the points I'm looking after are :
confortable beds for a good sleep
Be fully equiped to feel like home
The cleanliness

The tips I gave you at your arrival are for me a real pleasure.
I just want you enjoy your holidays and keep the best souvenir of Nice.

I hope I'll have the pleasure to receive you again soon and I wish you all the best for you and your familly.
cliffyg
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Perfect Location for Nice”
Reviewed July 2, 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

Stayed at this apartment in June 2014.

You wont find a better location for access to the Old Town and beaches. Great transportation links from the airport (bus stops virtually outside) and access to the tram gives you easy links to railway station and the rest of the Cote D'Azur.

Patrick met us on arrival and gave a full explanation of the facilities. The apartment was spotlessly clean and had everything required for a stay in Nice. The only very minor drawback is that it does not have any outside space (eg a balcony) but as it is next to the newly developed Park with the wonderful water fountains this should not be an issue.
It is at the top of the building which means it is quiet (3rd floor I believe) but there is no lift and so would not be suitable for people with disabilities.

Had a great stay and would definitely recommend.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: No outside space,
Friends getaway
Aug 5, 2014
Hi Cliff
I was pleased to receive you and glad to see you spent good holidays. I know that Irish people love Nice and Côte d'Azur. So if you plan to come back. Please let me know.
Chel55
Sydney, Australia
“Perfect Old Town Nice experience!”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 for a stay in May 2014

This rental property was well above our expectations from start to finish. The booking process was very simple and the property owner extremely helpful. He definitely has the renters interests at best heart, any questions about our stay in Nice in general he was happy to help with.
The key collection process and finding the apartment were stress free due to the instructions provided.
The apartment is in the best location, walking distance to all the sights in Nice. Less than 5 minutes walk to the beach, with local markets and supermarket even closer.
The apartment has all the amenities you could need. Great kitchen and laundry facilities with plenty of room. There was only two of us staying at this time, though ample room for up to four people with a queen size sofa in a separate room to the bedroom. The apartment has been recently renovated with clean and comfortable facilities. There is great wifi also available.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and it was great to do something different to the regular hotel stay. I would recommend this apartment to anyone and will definitely stay here again on return to Nice.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cleanliness and comfortability, amenities, and location of the apartment.
Liked least: Climbing the stairs with luggage - but it was known before booking and not a huge deal, wouldn't stop me staying again.
Traveling group: Other
Your age range 18-24
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
Jun 10, 2014
Hi Chelsea
I'm very pleased you've appreciate your holidays in Europe and especially in Nice.
I would like to thank you for the time spent to let a review. As you noticed, I'm happy to do my best in order to have renters who will keep an excellent souvenir of their holidays in Nice.
I know Australia isn't so close, but in case you plan to come back. Please let me know.
Thanks also to have left the apartment in very good and tidy conditions.
Hope to see you soon. Best regards.
farender
Dublin, Ireland
“Lovely apartment in a great location.”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 for a stay in May 2014

We had a great week's stay in this apartment in the Old Town in Nice.
Patrick, the landlord, responded very quickly to our initial enquiry with detailed and timely information on booking the apartment, payment of deposits and rent and all the details about travel from airport, accessing the apartment and information on the apartment itself. Payment was made quickly and easily through PayPal and our deposit was returned very promptly.
The number 98 bus from the airport stops within 50 m of the apartment and Patrick was waiting to greet us in the apartment and he provided further detailed information on the apartment and the area.
The apartment itself, which is in an old building of character, is modern and extremely well equipped. It is situated to the rear of the building, with views over the old town to the Castle Hill and is very quiet and peaceful.
Outside the entrance to the building is the green linear park and all transport, both bus and tram, is within metres. There are cafes, restaurants, bakeries and a wonderful Italian delicatessen a few paces away.
The apartment is on the edge of the old town with all its attractions and shops and restaurants.
The apartment is on the third floor above ground level but we really didn't find the lovely marble stairs a problem.
Wi-Fi was excellent.
We would recommend the apartment, without hesitation, and we definitely intend to stay there again when visiting Nice

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Great location.
Liked least: Nothing really.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Jun 1, 2014
Hi Robert
You have done a very good and detailled sum up of what the apartment and the area are.
I'd like to thank you for that. UK isn't too far and I know you love Nice. So I hope to have the pleasure to receive you again soon.
All the best for you and your familly.
marcudgal
Van
“Great Apartment in Old Town Nice”
Reviewed May 16, 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

I stayed at this apartment with my husband and baby for a week. It was very comfortable. The owner, Patrick was personable, organized and helpful. To begin with, he was always very quick in responding to our inquiries during booking. When he met us at the apartment, he showed us how everything works and gave us a brief intro to Nice. It is not easy to travel with a baby. But the apartment is very central and has 2 separate rooms. So we can go out for walks around the Old Town and back to the apartment to nap if the baby gets fussy. Patrick was very kind and even set up a crib for us. After we checked out, the security return process was relatively fast as well. The only thing to note is that the apartment is not accessible. But neither are most apartments in Nice. I would definitely recommend this rental.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Jun 1, 2014
Hi Shawnie
I was pleased to be able to propose a crib for your baby. I know it's important for people travelling with.
Hope you enjoyed your holidays in France and Nice and that your travel back to Canada was good.
I wish you all the best for your familly and hope to receive you again.
Patrick
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing