“Best in Nice!”

Ranked #8 of 1,936 Restaurants in Nice
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: After working for prestigious etablishment like The Ritz and Fauchon at Paris and the Sketch in London, the chef Louis Dubois decided to open with his girlfriend their own restaurant. This is a french restaurant working with fresh and seasonal foods. The menu change every month. In addition, you can get a set menu for lunch at 17€ and a dish of the day at 12€. It's located in the city center, 7 minutes by walk from the promenade des Anglais. We can reserved the restaurant for some groups from 12 people to 30 from Monday to Thursday and from 20 people during the week end.
Co Kerry
“Best in Nice!”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We were lucky enough to dine in 5 restaurants in Nice last week. Tripadvisor provided us with great direction as usual but the only place to surpass our meal in Vingt4 was here at Pastry Plaisirs. It was outstanding.

The restaurant is ran by a young couple, he is chef and she runs the front of house with consummate ease. Both are so pleasant and hardworking and deserve all plaudits given by previous contributors. The food is purchased with quality as the priority and value for the customer a guarantee

We asked for a recommendation for a white wine after choosing our food and were brought a local Domain Valette for €20. It was beautiful.

They offer a Plat de Jour and other options from the menu

Starters, my wife had Langoustines & Guacamole - delicious
I had the most magnificent tasting sensation - warm courgette flowers stuffed with cheese

Mains; My wife a beautiful T bone steak entrecote, a point (med rare)
I had the plat de jour which was a beef tartar, One of the nicest things I've ever tasted. Quality beef, i could taste mustard, chili, peppers, garlic, all exploding" gently" on the tastebuds. Truly wonderful food. i had been a bit apprehensive about my choice but as the restaurant filled up really quickly I discovered that their clientele were all local residents and business men and women. we were the only non locals and most were at the plat de jour also.

Dessert was exquisite. Service was friendly and attentive. recommendations when asked for proved excellent and it was obvious that they valued all their customers!

Everyone who visits Nice should take the time to eat here! It was brilliant. Like many of our trips we had our best meal on the last day or we would have gone back again!!

thank you both for a fantastic culinary experience

3 Thank Dommags

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Scotland
“Great food, great welcome”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This place is great - the food is superb and it's warm, freindly and welcoming too. Aurore and Louis own and run the restaurant and they do it beautifully. It has a nice atmosphere and we loved the way they talked through the menu and asked us if we wanted to 'reserve' our desserts when they took our order. The food was all excellent - my husband's chesnut soup was a real winner, the veal was good and my giant profiterole was one of the best desserts I've ever had! It was a great evening!

Visited April 2013
Rustington, United Kingdom
“Robert London”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

wonderful experience , the food was exceptional , the sweet are fantastic , the lemon meringue pie, the choux pastry and the millefeuille are just incredible . the service is excellent .

I will tell all my friend and I will comeback without a dought .

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Robert R
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Nice afternoon in Nice”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

The owners were very warm and friendly, and explained everything on the menu and told us about the ingredients in the dishes we'd ordered.
The dish of the day was a bluefish fin and chickpea mash, which was very fresh and tasty.
The ribs were tender and tasty, with a potato gratin.
We had the desserts that were all extremely good- the lemon meringue tart, madeleines, apple and almond cream tart, berries with chocolate mousse were all delicious.

We were a group of 5 and made a lunch reservation a few days ahead.

It was a lovely lunch and we would highly recommend this restaurant!

3 Thank catyx03
LONDON
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A very friendly place and such a nice food !”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I went there on a Saturday evening with a friend. The restaurant was packed with a Malaysian group. The place is tiny but very nice, the atmosphere very friendly and even with the group there, we had been taken care of very well by a very nice young girl. The food is just excellent and the value very good. It is the kind of places you have to stop by if you go to Nice to have a nice break and a delicious food experience. The Chef came to see us several times to check if we were happy with the food. It was just an amazing experience. I LOVED IT and I'll go back there as soon as I can !!! Yves from London

1 Thank YVESG657