“Perfect 1year anniversary meal”
Review of Bistro Saint Louis - CLOSED

Bistro Saint Louis
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Un chroniqueur culinaire,definit la Bistronomie comme un restaurant qui allie la convivialite et la decontraction d'un bistro et le cote gastronomique de sa cuisine.Le Bistro Saint Louis au visage traditionnel le midi, prend des allures de bistrot chic le soir, avec une ambiance feutree et jazzy avec pour mots d'ordre acceuil et service. Le patron est aux fourneaux se laissant guider le midi par sa creativite et son experience internationale pour proposer un 'marche du jour' et une formule cafe/vin. Le soir il imprime ses origines franco-italiennes dans des creations originales sa carte et ses menus ,utilisant uniquement des produits frais rigoureusement selectionnes en privilegiant les AOP et IGP.
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic. There's no other word to describe it. We came to Nice for our 1 year wedding anniversary & booked the Bistro on advice from the hotel. They gave us a lovely little private table in the corner by the window. They staff were so friendly and attentive. The food was exquisite. Amazingly presented and tasted even better. Table side flambé for our veal was a lovely touch. They make dessert crêpes by table side too; wish we had room to try them!

Bill with two aperitifs (champagne) with complimentary olives & mussels, starters of foie gras (with gingerbread to die for), mains of veal (and those whipped creamed potatoes!) with plenty of fresh bread and a bottle of wine for €140; worth every single cent.

Unsurprisingly you should reserve on the weekend. We saw four disappointed couples be told the restaurant was fully booked. Superb!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Nice little restaurant, they were sadly just changing the menu so a lot of the items we wanted were not available so our choice was very limited and my husbands meal was good but not excellent. However they made a huge effort to accommodate us. The sea bream I had was cooked to perfection and the foie gras with fig compote was amazing. The waiter was brilliant and couldn't have been more helpful. I do understand restaurants have to run down produce and there has to be a change over date when the menu changes but customers shouldn't be left with a greatly reduced choice.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

My wife an I travel outside the US and eat out frequently. This is not just one of the best meals we ever had, It was the best meal we ever had. The Chef Benjamin is awesome and so is his staff. He took the time to come to our table and explain the Specials. After I tried the Watermelon Carpaccio, which was made from a combination of fresh ingredients I would have never thought to put together. I could not wait to see what the Entree was going to taste like. Then it was on to the freshly made dessert even though I was stuffed. My wife is even trying to arrange our next trip, so we can eat here again.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We visited this restaurant in early September solely because of the great reviews on trip advisor.It was situated near our apartment. We could not get in first night so booked for the next night. so glad we did try it. It was superb, very modern food with a great variation of flavours on one plate. my son loved the water melon starter. the tenderloin of beef was amazing. The waitress/owner was very pleased with our comments, it is quite a new restaurant, opened about 1 year. Not a large place so you do have to book. will be back, next time when in Nice.

1  Thank jjaftraveller
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I consider myself a bit of a "Foodie" when it comes to eating out and I can honestly say this is one of the best restaurants I've ever eaten at. My friend and I were traveling to Nice for a few days and found the other reviews of this restaurant promising so decided to give it a try. We ended up making a reservation (something I would suggest because we couldn’t get in the first night we tried) and eating at BSL on a Saturday night at 9. We both got the fixed 3 course menu, a bottle of red, and a cappuccino and were completely blown away. The food was amazing, atmosphere great, and staff extremely friendly and welcoming. One dish that blew me away was the Watermelon Carpaccio with Burrata Mozzarella, a true must if you eat at this spot. Price for everything was about 100 Euro.