“Great atmosphere and amazing food”
Review of Le 7eme Sens

Le 7eme Sens
Ranked #589 of 2,002 Restaurants in Nice
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Wonderfully fresh local ingredients used at this "bistro du marche". We enjoyed delicious ravioles de royan in a tomato basil broth, followed by the day's special of mixed seafood a la plancha. Everything was prepared to order by the chef/owner, while his wife graciously looked after the front of house. This is a wonderful find in Nice, where there are so many mediocre restaurants.
Reviewed November 2, 2013

My family and I luckily got a table here due to a cancellation, the resteraunt is quaint and small but very homely and has lovely decoration, I had the fois gras which I would thoroughly recommend, for my main I had st Jacques (Scollops) au caramel d'oranges which was the best fish I had ever tasted furthermore the service was excellent and the prices were 100% reasonable, I would thoroughly recommend but book ahead!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This guy seems to do everything himself. Certainly, it's a small restaurant but it must be extremely hard to provide the sort of 'yes, sir, no sir' service that some people expect, even in a modest place like this. But the patron was entirely helpful and pleasant to us, although he's quite a 'one-off' person. That's a plus point for me. And his food was excellent. I'd read other Trip Advisor reviews so wasn't completely surprised at the quality, but he surely understands cooking. The first course I had was ravioles royan. Absolutely first class. Never tasted ravioli so good.
No idea when next we'll be in Nice, but we'll be back there!
We reserved about a couple of hours before eating. I'd guess reservation is necessary. He turned away some people while we were in there.

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Cute and cosy little restaurant. The owner is the chef and you can see his heart and soul are in his dishes. The menu changes all the time but the food is simple good French food. I had the fois gras ( fresh and fabulous ) and the thym souris d'agneau ( exquisite) . The owner was very friendly and recommended some good wine to go with the food. He doesn't speak English but he was quite good at making himself understood. I live in Nice and highly recommend this place.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The food that I ate was good and I cannot blame it.
However the owner/chef of this place made the experience so horrible that I want to warn other people before going there.
I do not speak French fluently and arrived at the restaurant bearly being able to read the menu.
The chef/owner arrived and explained the menu to me. You could already see his impatience by his body language. He then had to dash back to his kitchen to prepare the dishes he then arrived asking me whether I made up my mind and since I was not ready yet, I asked him which dish he would recommend and he answered in an annoyed way that all of his dishes are very good and he dashed off again. He then came back and asked me whether I decided and I was still not 100% sure and he was so angry and said that this is his 5th time coming to my table and that I should make up my mind. How more rude can someone be. I was then stupid enough to give my order, after all of this rudeness I should have just stood up and gone elsewhere.
He then served the food which was fine as I mentioned before.
I then asked for the password of the WIFI and he replied abbruptly that he had no time for that.
He then came back later and kindly typed it in for me.
I found this gentlman to be extremely rude and agressive and would not recommend anyone with mediocre French to go his place.
I was really looking forward my dinner and it actually ruined my first evening upon arrival in Nice.
I think that this gentleman should definately learn some manners and learn to be more patient towards his clients.
I will never go back to this restaurant.

1  Thank sinane
Reviewed October 5, 2013

What a lovely evening we spent in this unassuming little restaurant. The owner is also the chef, the waiter and translator - he is fantastic and when you taste the food, you will be amazed he has the time and skill to cook such delights. I recommend the Magret de canard, absolutely delicious!