“It's all true!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We believed all the rave reviews and were not disappointed. When you walk in, you may be surprised and a little underwhelmed - it's small and the decor is uninspired, but what a meal! The lights were bright and glaring but the wife turned them down and that made it much cozier. All five of our group loved every bite. The chèvre salad was the best I've ever had - with a sauce that made it completely different from all others. The carbonara pasta was the real thing. And the molten chocolate cake! You may think it's an old boring dessert that you've had dozens of times, but this one is absolutely perfect and pretty unforgettable. The chef will come out and greet you and is genuinely interested in who you are and where you're from. It's in a busy working neighborhood so I recommend reservations.

2  Thank Polyglotte

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

With our 3 months of travels coming to an end we wanted one of our last meals to be memorable and we couldn't have picked a better place!
This is a small cosy restaurant with a real personal touch. We loved the 90's classic music that played throughout the evening! The couple that run it do a fabulous job and make you feel very at home. The food was absolutely top notch and between the 3 of us we enjoyed every dish put in front of us. I'd reccommend the chicken liver salad as a starter, it is to die for! The set menu is incredible value for money, we paid $95 euro for 3 people including drinks. For those wanting a fast meal this is not the place for you, the two hosts run this place alone and take the time to ensure each table is well looked after, we enjoyed this aspect and were happy to take our time with each dish.
I would highly reccomend this place to anybody dining out in Nice.
Only slight downfall is the location, it is a little off the beaten path however after our huge feast we were grateful for the 20 minute walk back to our hotel !

2  Thank Kristy M
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This charming little restaurant is tucked away from the tourist hotspots, but the number 3 bus stops outside.
The couple who run this are great, really hospitable and he is a fantastic chef who prepares beautifully cooked bistro style meals with top quality ingredients, these guys love what they are doing and it shows.
We went twice for an evening meal, the 1st night we selected dishes from the set menu - nothing standard here, we choose warmed goats cheese with honey dressing salad (yum) and divinely cooked chicken liver salad as starters, turkey escalope with fantastic mushroom sauce and perfectly cooked salmon with boiled potatoes and pesto, then divine choc puds to finish, the following night we went off piste and selected tasty seafood vol au vents, beef steak (again beautifully done as requested) and dorada fillet served with pastis sauce (wow) isle flotante and coffee and 4 mini puds :), warmed bread rolls are served with the meal, plus jugs of water and the salad accompaniments were well dressed, fresh and generous. The wine they serve is also well sourced and good.
I wish we lived nearer this gem, book a table at weekends!

2  Thank RisboroughRoamers
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was tipped off to this restaurant by a fellow traveler while in Cinque Terre, Italy who let me know you need to make reservations. I am so glad he and I talked because this may be one of the best meals I have ever had. The food was not only outstanding but the husband and wife who own the restaurant are just so gracious, warm and friendly. The wife read the menu to us and explained each dish. We all chose the 3 courses which was definately worth the money. I had the salad with goat cheese, honey and balsamic dressing, beef with pasta and then the desert, creme brulee of course! The food was delish, the restaurant was cozy, the music was good and the hosts were friendly! After the meal she gave us an apple liquore and talked with us for a bit. While we were outside wondering how we wanted to get home, we chatted with the husband for a while, he called us a cab and sent us on our way. I really can't say enough good things about the entire experience.

2  Thank Meghan S
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This restaurant is a bit out of the way, the couple are lovely and nothing is too much trouble. The wine was excellent and the food was good, I loved the foie gras and the sea bream was delicious and very good value for money. Its not fine dining however and the premises are small and quite plain so my very posh frock I had put on for our anniversary was a bit out of place.

4  Thank bobannieo