“Must eat restaurant!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The reviews don't do the restaurant justice! The food was absolutely delicious. The chef/owner and his wife were extremely friendly. He even went as far as translating EVERY item on his menu! It was a small and wonderfully intimate restaurant. It was our honeymoon and it could've have been more perfect. We would recommend this restaurant over & over again! Avoid the tourist traps of the boardwalk - do not miss this restaurant when in Nice!!

2  Thank MattCat2013
There are newer reviews for Chez Papa Fred

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We went to this restaurant whilst on holiday in Nice recently. We searched through the Trip Advisor website from home before our trip, as we are dedicated "foodies" & appreciate good, wholesome food! We were attracted by the name initially, as my husband's name is Fred! AKA "Pops" to our grandchildren:-)) The reviews were all good so off we went in search of this gorgeous little place. We took the number 3 bus from very near the Galleries Lafayette to Boulevard "La Madeleine" - a journey of about 5 minutes - the bus stops opposite the restaurant - then on returning took a night bus - we took the N25 & it took us back to Rue Jean Medecin. We had a WONDERFUL evening chez "Papa & Madame Fred"! The food was perfect - as was the service & the wine! Nothing was too much trouble for them - a really lovely young couple who obviously have a real passion about the quality of the food & service they provide. The prices were also very reasonable for the quality & quantities of everything we ordered. We were even offered more of everything if we'd wanted! We don't see that very often! I would 100% recommend this intimate little place. An ideal choice for our 31st wedding anniversary. THANK YOU & GOOD LUCK FOR THE FUTURE to Fred & his lovely family XX

2  Thank Ilvmfd
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Just got back from an amazing meal at this restaurant. The best meal we've had so far in France. The owner and our server were helpful and friendly. As mentioned in other reviews, the owner (and chef) helped us translate the French menu, and spoke with us in English. We had a huge Caprese style salad to start, followed with the Entrecote and Canard. Entrecote was really good, the canard was absolutely amazing.

This place has value, service and quality down pat. I am so happy I looked at the reviews on Tripadvisor and tried this place out. We'll be back before we leave Nice! Thank you for the great meal, you made us feel like family!

- Will + Kelly

2  Thank Goin-Coastal613
Reviewed July 17, 2013

After dining at several good restaurants in Nice, we really fell for this little restaurant where the Ravioli de beoeuf avec une sauce aux sepes was to die for. I can also strongly recomend the Salade chaude au foie de volaie, and the meat was also very good.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I was so happy to stumble upon this place in Nice. I traveled all around Europe for a month, and this remains one of my favorite meals from a trip that was filled with good food. The service was great. Our server did so well helping us understand the menu and giving us recommendations. We had the entrecote with a bleu cheese sauce, salmon with rice, and a bottle of wine. We cleaned our plates, but still said yes to dessert, since everything we had tasted was so excellent. For dessert we had profiteroles and ohmygoodnesstheyweresogood. I had to close my eyes to fully experience them. Everything was so fresh and made with care. I would come back to Nice to eat here!

2  Thank Monica M