“Well run”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nice
Auberge de Jeunesse "Les Camelias"
Ranked #12 of 64 Specialty Lodging in Nice
Reviewed May 7, 2011

Fairly clean rooms. Nice staff, who speak English. Good location, halfway between the train station and the old city

• Stayed: May 2011

Reviewed October 18, 2010

This is the second time that I have been to this hostel and I enjoyed it each time. I stayed for 5 nights in low season and it was not crowded. The staff were friendly and speak English. The opening hours could be a problem and the self-catering kitchen is not the best that I've seen but in comparison with other youth hostels that I have stayed in this one rates highly and I thought that it was bargain accommodation in an expensive city on the Cote d'Azur. There are grocery stores very near by to buy food. I would recommend buying a 7 day travel pass at the airport if your are arriving by plane and planning to stay a while. It was 15 euros for unlimited travel on the tram and buses over a wide area, including the fast bus from the airport to the city centre

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank LichfieldAndrew
Reviewed June 29, 2010

The location is excellent - 5 min walk to the centre but you have to remember a few things: the room is locked from 11.00 to 15.00 (e.g if you arrive and are dead tired, there is no chance you can sleep in the room before 15.00). You have to bring your own pillow-case, the hostel does not provide any. Also, you will not get 2 sheets but one - it is like a sleeping bag - closed on one end. The kitchen (incl the refridgerator) is closed until the afternoon so in the morning you cannot get your stuff from the frige. The staff was quite friendly though

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank annehe
Reviewed May 8, 2010

we stayed here for 2 night in a 7 bed dormitory. it was definetly busy, not too much space for the bags and stuffs. it was cheap but wouldnt stay here for longer visit, cause it was very noisy during the night. cleaning during the day is annoying cause u have to leave the room. breakfast was rich so that was a good point. internet also very expensive. kitchen is big, but maybe not enough isthe hotel is full. location is excellent.
okay hostel.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 21, 2010

The location is great. And it has a kitchen for guest. We cook for our dinner by ourselves which was the best meal on the trip.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 23, 2009

Me and my friend arrived in Nice to discover the hotel we had booked in advance was a fake, we went to the police and they sent us to Hotel les Camelias, we were greeted by a friendly couple who spoke fluent english, who managed to find us a space for every night we needed, the rooms were cleaned every day, and were kept pristine. The rooms also have safes which you attach your own lock to. The rooms all have two sinks and a shower. I would highly recommend this hostel, we and everyone we spoke to had no problems at all!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 2, 2009

This hostel is located 5 minutes walk from the beach and is very convenient for the train station as well, so no complaints about the location.

My dorm room had 7 beds in, 3 sets of bunk beds and one single, with a non-lockable drawer and night light per bed, two sets of 'wardrobes' with a tiny hanging rail (very few coat hangers) and four small lockers per wardrobe. There were 2 plug sockets in the room (above the sink), but only one worked, which caused lots of problems. 1 plug socket between 7 people was never going to work out. The room also had two sinks, and a shower. There were three toilets on the corridor for 6 rooms, but I never had to queue for a toilet.

The room itself was fine, two big windows opened which was a godsend as it was so hot, furniture looked pretty new, although the drawers were extremely squeaky which was annoying when you were trying to sleep. Neither the shower nor the toilets had windows which could be opened which led to the toilets becoming smelly at times, although they were cleaned every day. The sheets we were given weren't large enough for the beds, I found I couldn't sleep with my legs straight (I'm 5'6") because of that, and the pillows weren't the best. The sheets weren't exactly clean, and the undersheet on the bed definitely wasn't. Blankets were provided but it was so hot we didn't use them.

Breakfast was included, and was served til 10am which I thought was reasonable, although it stops at exactly 10am, not a minute after. Various hot drinks, bread, jam, nutella, cornflakes and orange juice were on offer.

There is a lock out period from 11am to 3pm which we found very annoying, the staff came in to turf us out whilst a girl in my room was getting dressed. When we arrived we were told to come back at 3pm, thankfully there was a left luggage but this is only available for people checking in.

We didn't use the kitchen but it looked big and well equipped, there was also a laundry room that we didn't use. Internet was €1 for 15 minutes which seemed a bit steep to me. The bar was reasonably priced, and was open til 11pm.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends