“Friendly staff, basic accommodations, fantastic location” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel du Petit Louvre

and 1 more site!
Ranked #148 of 204 Hotels in Nice
Halifax, Canada
“Friendly staff, basic accommodations, fantastic location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

The two best things about this spot were its location, and its staff. Easy walking distance from the train station, very close to shopping and close enough to easily walk to beautiful Old Nice. I had a very basic room. The bed was actually a cot and the bedding wasn't much more then you'd get at a basic hostel. I was traveling solo, and the floor space barely allowed room for my travel sized suitcase.

Overall, I would recommend this if you plan to spend most of your time exploring the city and only coming back to sleep!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Nicole S
PetitLouvreNice, Responsable réception at Hotel du Petit Louvre, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear Madam,

We really thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor, following to your stay at our Hotel. We are absolutely sorry to learn that our rooms do not answer to your expectations.

Nonetheless we are very happy to hear that overall you had a great stay in our hotel and in Nice and we will be very pleased to welcome you back during your future stay in France and on the French Riviera,

Kind Regards,

The Reception Desk Team
Nice.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Finnish first
Burnaby, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

I really don't know how this place has any good reviews. The location is it's only redeeming factor. At the Petit Louvre, you pay for basic hotel service and I'm actually used to better service at some youth hostels. My primary complaint is that the room is only serviced every three days. That wouldn't be such a big deal, except we weren't advised of that at check-in, so we left our towels on the floor so they could be changed, as is typically done. So, I went downstairs to get clean towels, explaining my error. Could I get fresh towels? No. Please? No. Also, the room is very small, which wouldn't bother me if the rest of the stay was any good. Lousy service. I'm a veteran traveller and I expect more for $110/night during shoulder season.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
PetitLouvreNice, Responsable réception at Hotel du Petit Louvre, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

We really thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor, following to your stay at our Hotel. We are absolutely sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with our Hotel and the quality of service.

I remembered perfectly that I explained personally to your friend in French and after in English the first day/evening about the cleaning fee and about the cleaning day and change (every three days).

After that you spoke with our night watchman and he did a mistake (unfortunately he doesn’t speak English very well) telling you a wrong information or probably in a wrong way. That’s the reason why the next day personally I took care of you and I apologized in front of you and your friend (that surely you remember…) and the housekeeper did put immediately and before the normal day new towels in your room.

We think that your review it’s extremely rude, exaggerated and dishonest and we can’t unfortunately agree with you concerning the Hotel/Service.

However, we believe in honesty and we are ready to trust you again in the future.

Now I finally understand why you laughed out loud when you left the Reception the day of your check-out. Please kindly accept our most sincere apologies (again) for the inconvenience you experienced.

We would like to thank you in advance for your understanding and will be sincerely pleased to welcome you back at our hotel during your future stay in Nice and on the French Riviera.

Best regards,

The Front Desk Manager
Nice.

Travelers are raving about these Nice hotels

Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were staying in a double bed room.
Was okay, we used it only to sleep so we didn't look for all the details.
The receptionist was friendly.

If you looking for a cheap place only to sleep, I would recommend. But if you want a cosy place, then better look for something else

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly and helpful staff particularly Tiso. Go for the three bed room- pay a little extra = much bigger space! If you want a clean place in a central location stay here. It is not the Ritz of course but it is fantastic value. Owners let us put our bikes in the secure place at the back. Use of portable beach beds & float was nice touch. Do take tea bags & coffee with you, a bar of soap & shampoo. Would definitely return for a cheap holiday.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank perrygirl
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

we were late checking out by 35 minutes and we were called and knocked on no fewer than 5 times. When I suggested this had never happened to me before, the hotel owner, not staff, went ballistic and called me a small person who doesn't mean anything and we were shouted out of the place. My girlfriend and I were in shock! I am writing in the hope that no one ever has this experience again. In terms of the rooms they were tiny but for the price not bad. it is a one star hotel after all

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank tomtom99999
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I stayed at the hotel with my 2 daughters, the room was clean and spacious and we were comfortable. Great location, we could walk from the train station with our lugguage which took about 10 minutes. The air conditioning was a real treat and it was very hot in Nice in early July 2013. I would highly recommend this hotel to my friends and family. Out hotel manager was very helpful with lots of local knowledge and we had the best food to eat from his recommendations. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. They also let us leave our lugguage with them for the day as we had a train leaving late in the afternoon. Great value for money!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank karendundon
Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Value - £52 per night 10 mins walk to train station(currently having building walk done to it July 2013) was good for a studio with cooking facilities.

How do you get to it? - 10 mins to trains, this located just of the main shopping street Ave John Medecin. You can take trams around the city.

Room - Its just enough space and has a bed and self contained kitchen. There is a two ring hob, fridge and kitchen utensils. Noisy out the back, I think from the air conditioners.

Area - Just off the main shopping street. Take the tram to Promenade de Anglais off main shopping street. Take bus 21 to Matisse's house. Around the corner there is a monoprix supermarket, although no self service and can be slow service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo