“A place to go back to”

Hotel Belle Meuniere
Ranked #133 of 203 Hotels in Nice
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Stayed here for four nights last Sept. (2013) Enjoyed it very much. Rooms are basic but perfectly clean and comfortable. Staff is extremely helpful knowledgeable and accommodating. Breakfast out in the garden under the trees was delightful. If you need a modern hotel with shiny furniture don't come here. But if you enjoy meeting real people and friendly conversations with other travelers this is your place. If you don't think it is a bargain just check out the tariffs at the two neighboring hotels (where I used to stay.) Having your own private car park in the middle of the city is priceless. Next time I'm in Nice I'm going there.

Room Tip: Try for a room on the front.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Tod M

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a long period of time during a fab summer. The owner is a wonderful, professional, welcoming lady. The hotel is hospitable and friendly with a jovial-vibe to the place. The staff were well-trained in the regard that their manner was extremely pleasant and welcoming. They were also very flexible with regards to offering assistance with any special circumstances that may have arisen; in a nutshell, they bend over backwards for you so that you have a very pleasurable and enjoyable experience there. During my stay there, I found that the hotel was neat, clean, friendly and I met wonderful people from many different age-groups and countries. All of the staff, including the cleaning ladies were polite, efficient, hard-working, open and courteous.
The hotel is well situated as it is very close to the main station, the beach is walking distance (very important for a good holiday....!), amenities etc.... The grounds of the hotel are also very well-kept, with a lovely front-facing garden/patio area which is lovely because you can sit out in the sunshine whilst enjoying a coffee or breakfast. It also enables you to meet and socialise with other guests and staff.
Another bonus of staying in this particular hotel is the fact that it is safe, with staff being security conscious. I felt completely at ease and well looked after during my stay there. It is run to a professionally high-standard. I had one of the best summers of my life there. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience in Nice, greatly due to the fact that I lucked out and picked this hotel for my stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stayed in the 4-bed room and it was OK for me. Enough space but no lockers. The breakfast costs 5,50 euro but if you book directly to the hotel instead of through booking.com or hostelbookers you get a free breakfast and pay 22 euro a night.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This hostel is very easy to locate from the main train station (Nice Ville), it was literally just down the steps. However, our room faced an inner courtyard, and there was virtually no breeze coming in at all so it was extremely, uncomfortably hot. We asked for a fan, but they said they'd have to find one and would bring it up if one was found. Eventually, we partially solved the heat problem by opening our door for a breeze. The bathroom was incredibly small and smelled (probably because there was no ventilation in the bathroom either). And for those that reserved the room through hostelworld, they said that breakfast is no longer included in the deal. We ended up going to the supermarket to get sandwich type items, which looked more appetizing than their breakfast. At night, the temperatures cooled enough so it was comfortable. The hostel did find us a fan the next day, but it used the only outlet in the room, so we had to sacrifice the fan sometimes to recharge our cameras or phones. Additionally, we have to leave the keys to our room outside of the receptionist area where anyone can access them, and when you return, that is where you locate your keys to your room. It felt very unsafe. The front is open until midnight, after which, they provide a password for you to enter the building. We will not be coming back to this hostel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MaileAndFred
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This hotel was located near the train station for easy access and a 15 minute walk to the beach. The rooms were very simple and clean. However, there was no air conditioning and the garden area was full of students who were loud until very late at night.
The breastfast was fine. And the front desk was very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We booked in here last minute and in a public holiday for two nights.. When we arrived it was as if they had never checked any one in before it was so unorganized.. Finally we pay in cash because they charge extra for card.. When we asked for a receipt it was as if we had asked for him to do the hardest task in the world .. He tried to tell us he was too busy and would rather us ask in the morning for a receipt to be printed! Anytime I have ever bought anything normally you get a reciept! Finally he did do it..
They also request that keys be left in a cummunal key board so they know when we are in/out of our room! Why does it matter? We didn't want to leave the key to our room in a place anyone could get there hands on! So we say we would rather keep our key with us and he proceeds to tell us "not to lose it".. Any where else I have stayed in the world you get your own key!
We did talk to a female receptionist who was really nice but the two males receptionist we talked to were crazy rude! The last morning we had to leave early for the bus and asked if we could take some bread to go and the guy just stood there and said " no I'm busy" it's was 15 minutes before breakfast starts.
We stayed in room 5 first night which the bathroom stank and was moldy .. Room 8 on second night was nicer.. No air con, the whole place is incredibly hot. I'm normally pretty casual person but I couldn't get past the rudeness.. Really upsetting

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank sallygreens
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed one nite at the Little Palace, but it was full, so I had to find another hotel in June. Ugh. I found La Belle Meuniere. A hostel with a few single rooms. I usually travel in Sept, Oct., so I had a rude awakening in France in the summer. This is a good hotel, with a very nice owner. Nothing special, just France in the summer. Make your reservations early, or else.....

Room Tip: Go to Turkey or Morocco, it is way more fun and interesting. If you are loaded, go to France.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo