“Another great stay at this excellent hotel”

Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee
Ranked #3 of 203 Hotels in Nice
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 1, 2011

I'm pleased to say that I enjoyed my second visit to the Palais as much as my first. This time we were in a room with a 'partial' sea view. This means that it was side on to the sea but the Med was clearly visible from our balcony. It also gave us a great, free view of the first Flower Parade of the carnival, which was an added bonus.

As with our visit in October last year I seemed to have most of the facilities to myself which enabled me to indulge in the breakfast and swim it off later in the evening.

I personally enjoyed the breakfast but sometimes felt the staff were overstretched, which was a pity. They worked hard and did their best to please and it is this aspect of the Palais which I feel marks it out. Without exception the staff were excellent. From the chambermaid to the Manager they acknowledged us with a friendly smile and a 'bonjour'. I got the feeling they were happy we were guests and unlike some other hotels I've stayed in, we weren't an inconvenience to them. Special mention should go to the Concierge service. Without fail they were helpful and informative. Elenor in a particular was a star but the others (sorry - I can't remember their names) were also great. I truly believe that a happy staff reflect good management. It shows at this hotel.

1  Thank EmemBath
Write a ReviewReviews (3,118)

Reviewed February 27, 2011

Beautiful, spotless hotel, amazing pool, wonderful breakfast, but best of all were the staff, nothing was ever a problem. Will return!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2011

A superb 5* hotel with all the trimmings and trappings one would expect: the rooms were immaculate (apart from a blocked shower drain in rm 634), the service was smooth, friendly and efficient. In particular Eleanor the concierge was great at giving advice on local restaurants. The hotel is perfectly located on the Promenade Anglais and within easy walking distance of all the main shops, restaurants and attractions. The only real negative for me was the food: the breakfast was an amazing spread, but the heating plates for all the hot food do not work properly resulting a luke warm breakfast rather than a hot one and the price at 27E seemed excessive. The restaurant for dinner was also very disppointing - there are some superb restaurants (11e Art & Luc Salsedo) around the corner so do not waste your time/money on the slop served up by the hotel restaurant (reviewed separately).

Reviewed February 22, 2011

We have just returned from a weekend away at the Palais de la Mediterranee and had a super stay! We were there for Valentines Day special which was excellent value as included buffet breakfast! Our room was as advertised but also had addition of a gift soft toy for our daughter and complementary champagne and macaroons for the adults! This was much appreciated. We had a quiet room on the 7th floor overlooking the city and mountains. It had a large balcony too but the weather was too cold to sit out on it.
The staff were most efficient and very welcoming from check in until we checked out (with late check out 4pm as part of special package!). There was Carnival in Nice which meant parades right outside the hotel during the weekend - was great to be able to see all the floats going by without having to go too far. We also enjoyed the wonderful heated pool - especially our 2 year old daughter as kids can use the facilities too! The free WiFi in room was great when television only has English news channels so could watch movies and tv on Ipad etc. Each room gets personal access code to use WiFi so seems secure.
We ate in the restaurant on first night - it was very pricey but the food served was tasty and 5star service. I recommend that you eat out though as are hundreds of restaurants just one block behind the hotel on main pedestrian street and they're half the price.
We also got to have buffet breakfast each morning which was super! Food choice was amazing and service again superb! The final morning of our stay we had a lovely surprise in our room as the manager had arranged a surprise birthday cake for our daughter without any request which was a generous touch!
Overall a wonderful hotel and if you are celebrating a special weekend do splurge on this hotel and you won't regret it!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Firstly,don't believe the bad reveiws!!! The breakfast buffet is superfluous,the location is perfect for everything,the rooms are wonderful and the beds are dreamy! Staff cannot do enough to help you. Need I say more?
We are a thirty something couple..never been to Nice. Now we await a lottery win to live here! It is beautiful ! And not cheap! But then we could come here for 3 days, three times a year or go on a package holiday to Egypt or the like for a couple weeks. If you want culture, architecture,great food, great people then its Nice ! If you never go anywhere else in your life...go!

Reviewed February 20, 2011

Great location with sea view from room, outstanding service, fantastic hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Andrew E
Reviewed February 18, 2011

Allthough I expected more, the Hotel is really nice and me and my husband had a great time staying there.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple